©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Dandruff

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
ever since i started using gear after the first 3 weeks i started to notice alot of dandruff i was going to just ask somebody on here to see if i was the only one and could it be caused by using AAS. here is an article that i found.
DANDRUFF

What is DANDRUFF?
- Dandruff is characterized by small, loose flakes of dead skin on the scalp or trapped in the hair.
- Dandruff is not dangerous, does not cause balding and is not contagious.
- Dandruff is a natural process and it can not be eliminated or cured. Dandruff can only be managed and controlled.

Causes of DANDRUFF
- Dandruff may be caused by several different factors, but the exact underlying cause of dandruff is unknown or is at least not agreed upon by the medical establishment.
- One possible cause of dandruff may be sensitivity to, or overgrowth of, a fungus present on the scalp.
- Another possible cause may be overactive oil glands on the scalp which cause an increase of the natural skin shedding process.
- Another possible cause may be clogged oil glands on the scalp. These clogged pores can lead to over-drying and flaking of the skin.
- Poor diet, poor hygiene, genetic disposition, hormonal imbalances and infections may all possibly contribute to dandruff.
- Some external contributors to dandruff may include infrequent shampooing of the hair or inadequate hair rinsing, improper use of hair-coloring products, cold weather, dry environment and tight fitting hats.
- Dandruff may become worse with stress or if the patient is "run-down".

Symptoms of DANDRUFF
- Unsightly flakes or scales are typically present on the scalp and trapped in the hair.
- Whether or not these flakes are "oily" or "dry" may hint to the underlying cause of the dandruff.
- Dandruff rarely has any symptoms but itching of the scalp may occur.

Treatment and prevention of DANDRUFF
- Dandruff can disappear suddenly without treatment or may take multiple weeks of treatment to improve.
- Prevention of dandruff may be achieved by shampooing regularly with a mild, non-medicated shampoo. The scalp should be massaged gently to loosen flakes and the hair and scalp rinsed thoroughly
- Anti-dandruff shampoos containing coal tar, pyrithione zinc, salicylic acid or selenium sulfide are available without a prescription. (Specific products may be recommended by a physician or pharmacist.)
- Stronger anti-dandruff shampoos and lotions are also available by prescription.
- If the flaking skin is isolated in one area or in multiple areas, then the condition may be a skin problem other than dandruff and a physician should be notified.

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
Have no worry’s guys as soon as all your hair falls out the dandruff problem will be a problem no more.

on a more serious note I use a shampoo called T gell(made by nutrogena) that works well