©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Flu Shot Season

Slam Dingo

Sep 29, 2005
Has anyone had any kind of bad reactions during a cycle after getting a flu shot? Just wondering if I should get one or not. Cant beat free....

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
It would be smart to get one. beacause weight lifting will weaken the immune system.

Little Man

Jul 17, 2005
somewhere, US
i wouldnt get one... well at least i wont.. a shot is a small dose of the virus that may cause you to get sick.... if you rarely ever get sick.. then why bother.. yes working out lowers it. but if its low from working out the shot could mess u up .. but thats my opinion..

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
Im not getting one either. but just wash the hands and stay away from kids and animals. it will lower your chances

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
just make sure litleman that you wash down the equiptment good.
all that sweat in the gym is just an easy way to get sick.

Little Man

Jul 17, 2005
somewhere, US
we have chemical crap thats anti bacteria.. i usually dont wipe down anything.. they get cleaned by consultants and sometimes trainers. we do have a custodian that cleans.

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
yeah. for the last couple of years I was working at a private fitness club and damn near everyone got sick. I went around analy cleaning everything. but I still got sick.

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
gymn bag

Suggest you keep a small bottle of that anti bacterial lotion in your gymn bag, your car and by the front door of your house, so the last thing you do before or after unocking your door is put some on your hands

N :)

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
when to get flu shot

Slam Dingo said:
Has anyone had any kind of bad reactions during a cycle after getting a flu shot? Just wondering if I should get one or not. Cant beat free....

I would recommend getting a flu shot while you are not on cycle if that fits your schedule and it should because its not high flu season yet. But then again, sometimes the flu vaccine supply runs low by high season. Flu shots are always a gamble. Sometimes you get the shot but then you catch a different strain of flu virus.

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
flu cycles

Just so you know:

There are about 3 major flu cycles each century. When they hit is hard to tell, but it seems we are due for one in the not too distant. The 1918 flu killed 675,000 Americans and millions world wide. It is difficult to know which vaccine to give, so it is always a gamble.

cheery note lol

l3i0hazard

Feb 9, 2005
blah
I think I would rather be on HGH than take a flu shot...

Weightlifiting weakens your immune system? Why is that? Is it really true that having a lot of testosterone would weaken it?

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
Flu shouldn't kill us

Nitrateman said:
Just so you know:

There are about 3 major flu cycles each century. When they hit is hard to tell, but it seems we are due for one in the not too distant. The 1918 flu killed 675,000 Americans and millions world wide. It is difficult to know which vaccine to give, so it is always a gamble.

cheery note lol

I think most of those that have been killed by the flu were elderly and children. Tough fuckers like us can kick the flu's ass!

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
bird flu can kill us tough guys

I guess I was wrong about a flu epidemic not killing us. I said that because that's mostly how the 1957 and 1968 flus were, but the 1918 bird flu killed healthy people in their prime.

The 1918 flu, which killed as many as 50 million people worldwide, showed how terrible that disease can be. It had been "like a dark angel hovering over us," said Dr. Oxford, the virology professor at St. Bartholomew's. The virus spread and killed with terrifying speed, preferentially striking the young and the healthy. Alfred W. Crosby, author of "American's Forgotten Pandemic: The Influenza of 1918," said that it "killed more humans than any other disease in a similar duration in the history of the world."