©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

pyramid dosing

JoshF56

Aug 6, 2005
what are everyones thoughts on using a pyrimd theme for dosing on test. like starting out lower and going higher then tappering off again?

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
From what I have read the concept of pyramiding a drug like test is old school and not the best way of going about it,

I think that it was used in place of running PCT which is a better way of getting your body to start making its own test

big o

X-POWERLIFTER
Mar 20, 2005
It sounds like the Dan Duchesne method....I always used to taper up never down though....

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
Pretty much as long as there is more test in the system than the system naturally has, be that 600 mg or 100mg, the body will still be told there is to much and your natural production will not kick back in until this level is down below something like 12mg a day. On the growth side, decreasing a steroid will not enhance growth, so the only argument would be to speed recovery of natural production which as I just said will not work as long as test levels are higher than natural. Thats my 2 ccs worth hope it helps.

P

pincrusher

pyramiding can work but it is used mainly for women more than men. my wife pyramids all her cycles and it works quite effectively. i find that pyramiding my cycles tends to cause less side affects for me post cycle than if i stop cold and run a standard pct. i still run a pct when pyramiding down at the end but when i stop cold, i tend to become very irritable and get acne real bad about 2 weeks into pct where whn i pyramid this doesnt happen.
unless you have actually tried it how do you really know if it works or not?

remylebeau

Oct 19, 2004
Pyramid out of a cycle may not make sense, but the idea of pyramiding up I think is valid.

If one were to do a longer cycle, starting off at 500mg then going to 750 after the 7-8 week seems like a good idea to me. Most people complain about plateauing after the 8th week, due to the body adapting to the higher test levels, why not add another 250mg to keep the gains going?

I dunno...just thinking out loud..

P

pincrusher

remylebeau said:
Pyramid out of a cycle may not make sense, but the idea of pyramiding up I think is valid.

If one were to do a longer cycle, starting off at 500mg then going to 750 after the 7-8 week seems like a good idea to me. Most people complain about plateauing after the 8th week, due to the body adapting to the higher test levels, why not add another 250mg to keep the gains going?

I dunno...just thinking out loud..
this idea of pyramiding up to keep gains coming may work but the things you need to consider are the fact that you actually need to raise dosages at least 2-3 weeks prior to when your gains slow down and you would also have to make a pretty substantial increase to see much of a possitive affect. you may have to raise dosages by 30-50% or more for it to make a difference.
pyramiding down however will allow for your body to adjust to the lowered test levels much more gradual and will reduce potential side affects. it will also allow for an easier PCT therapy once you are done pyramiding down. it is similar to when you try to come of rec drugs, alcohol, etc. your body can adjust easier if you do it slowly instead of cold turkey. in the past this was the only way to use steroids since anti estrogens were not used or not well known about back in the day.

JoshF56

Aug 6, 2005
pincrusher said:
this idea of pyramiding up to keep gains coming may work but the things you need to consider are the fact that you actually need to raise dosages at least 2-3 weeks prior to when your gains slow down and you would also have to make a pretty substantial increase to see much of a possitive affect. you may have to raise dosages by 30-50% or more for it to make a difference.
pyramiding down however will allow for your body to adjust to the lowered test levels much more gradual and will reduce potential side affects. it will also allow for an easier PCT therapy once you are done pyramiding down. it is similar to when you try to come of rec drugs, alcohol, etc. your body can adjust easier if you do it slowly instead of cold turkey. in the past this was the only way to use steroids since anti estrogens were not used or not well known about back in the day.
Thanks for the info. the reason I ask is b/c my brother used the pyramid theme his first cycle and liked it. Like you said, it helped with coming off and getting your body used to lower levels again. Instead of pyramiding up, would you recommend just staring at 500mg and then pyramiding down at the end? This will be my first cycle if that matters.

P

pincrusher

JoshF56 said:
Thanks for the info. the reason I ask is b/c my brother used the pyramid theme his first cycle and liked it. Like you said, it helped with coming off and getting your body used to lower levels again. Instead of pyramiding up, would you recommend just staring at 500mg and then pyramiding down at the end? This will be my first cycle if that matters.
yes i would recommend that you start all cycles at the full dosage intended and if pyramiding down make sure you take at least 3 weeks at the end to pyramid down. cut the weekly dosage in half each of the 3 weeks.