©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

The DARK SIDE of Bodybuilding/Anabolics, HELP!

nevergiveup

Banned
Sep 30, 2005
Ok, this is a heart felt, sensitive subject, which has been causing me angst for the past few months. So here goes guys.

After intense meditation about my life and talks with people much smarter than me, I have decided to give up bodybuilding/bulking and loose some weight. At 6'0 – 240lbs I am starting to look like a freak, even in the baggiest of clothes--jackets, suites, sweaters etc. And no matter how hard I try, I cannot cover up the obvious fact that I juice, which normally wouldn’t be a problem, but, it is starting to spill into other areas of my life, affecting them in negative ways. For example, I am a JR in college and I am starting to interview for competitive internships, apply to competitive graduate schools, and meet people who can decide with one phone call whether I succeed or don’t. I JUST CANNOT LOOK LIKE A "BIG STEROID" AND HAVE A SUCCESSFUL FUTURE! It absolutely freaking kills me to give up what I love second to none, but, I have to or I’m afraid I will forever hold myself back by looking like an incompetent ogre without even opening my mouth.

So I have decided to take the next few months completely off steroids and spend my time mountain biking and shit. Then, I am going to run a series of cutting cycles. I’m talking cycles where I gain ALMOST NO MASS and just get the freaky striations and cuts that cross-country runners have.

So guys, if you would please:

1. Give me your perspective on my situation.
2. Suggest some cycles/doses that provide striations, cuts, and an edge, but NO mass (if it is possible). I want to stay supper lean, no bloat no estrogen!

Admins, wolfy, anasci. Tell me what you think!

Here is what I am thinking so far in terms of a cycle:

1.Stenox
2.Anaver
3.Clen

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
Best of luck bro, although I PERSONALLY differ on people being considered incompetent, i understand your situation. When i had to get down quick, i mountain biked, efx machine, and ran up and down bleachers as workouts. My diet was key as well. I also ran clen throughout and had pretty good cuts.

Good luck bro

nevergiveup

Banned
Sep 30, 2005
thanks man. its no so much being thought of as stupid as it is being though of as a drug abuser. which, unfortunatly that is what people automaticly assume about somebody that is a big as me (which isnt even that big!) But you know, i get negative vibes, i even had a professor that told me to give it up, not to mention my parents/sister. they all say i will ruin my future carrer

W

wolfyEVH

nevergiveup said:
Ok, this is a heart felt, sensitive subject, which has been causing me angst for the past few months. So here goes guys.

After intense meditation about my life and talks with people much smarter than me, I have decided to give up bodybuilding/bulking and loose some weight. At 6'0 – 240lbs I am starting to look like a freak, even in the baggiest of clothes--jackets, suites, sweaters etc. And no matter how hard I try, I cannot cover up the obvious fact that I juice, which normally wouldn’t be a problem, but, it is starting to spill into other areas of my life, affecting them in negative ways. For example, I am a JR in college and I am starting to interview for competitive internships, apply to competitive graduate schools, and meet people who can decide with one phone call whether I succeed or don’t. I JUST CANNOT LOOK LIKE A "BIG STEROID" AND HAVE A SUCCESSFUL FUTURE! It absolutely freaking kills me to give up what I love second to none, but, I have to or I’m afraid I will forever hold myself back by looking like an incompetent ogre without even opening my mouth.

So I have decided to take the next few months completely off steroids and spend my time mountain biking and shit. Then, I am going to run a series of cutting cycles. I’m talking cycles where I gain ALMOST NO MASS and just get the freaky striations and cuts that cross-country runners have.

So guys, if you would please:

1. Give me your perspective on my situation.
2. Suggest some cycles/doses that provide striations, cuts, and an edge, but NO mass (if it is possible). I want to stay supper lean, no bloat no estrogen!

Admins, wolfy, anasci. Tell me what you think!

Here is what I am thinking so far in terms of a cycle:

1.Stenox
2.Anaver
3.Clen

in your signature it says you're 6-8% bodyfat. why would you want to lose more weight?? 6-8% is VERY low in the first place

duranm

Feb 21, 2005
You will get it to work bro, lol.. it will be hard to lose weight or any of your "BIG" muscles. Thats the con about using roids and gaining massive weight. Someone once told me that after i gain so much weight i will be wanting to take it off later and it will be hard.(Especially if you are older)

But if you do great job. Good luck

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
Guess you need to change your user-name....
Personally, I think this whole mindset is ridiculous. Your professor told you to give it up because he's jealous. Look at some statistics on the appearance of successful men and women. A good-looking, strong, physically fit man has a much better chance of becoming a successful businessman than a sissy. The same applies to beautiful women.
If you're 235lbs lean and you don't want to grow any more - just stop using steroids and continue lifting to maintain your current size. You won't continue growing if you stop juicing - not enough for anyone to notice anyway. If you just stop - you'll be a slob within a year or so...

And there really are monsters out there who just train hard and eat right and have never touched steroids - so don't think being huge means you gotta be juicin. I have a couple of friends who you'd swear used steroids but never have.

Last edited:

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I think you need to stop letting jealous people's opinions influence what you want to do. If someone is refusing you a job because you look big, there is something really wrong there. I agree with Imdaman that most men & women that are physically fit are much more successful in the world than a wimpy guy/gal or a fat slob. As far as cutting cycles, its more your diet than what steroid(s) your taking.

fuzion

Aug 22, 2004
You need to stop listening to what other people say, because they will just try to bring you down! Although if that is really what you want to do, then do it, but you will probably regret giving up what you like to do.

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
People are always going to judge eachother by our physical appeareance, that is a given, but even if you stopped training and juicing you will always be larger than average, hence you will always be judged/thought of as a steroid user. The last 10 years I was off gear but still trained and every time I made progress, someone was always asking, what are you on? Truth of the matter is that we do need social acceptance to make it sometimes, in carreers relationships etc, but is it worth giving up something that is important to you to do so? That is obviously only something you can answer for yourself. Good luck and be true to yourself!

P

pincrusher

to me the most inmportant thing in life is that you are happy with what you do and happy with yourself. it sounds like you want to accept unhappyness just to please others.
if it means having to try a little harder to acheive goals because of your size, then so be it but at least you will be happy with yourself by not changing your lifestyle to please others.

mr.nitrofish

May 5, 2005
If I was the supervisor or ceo of a company and seen a large muscular guy apply for a job I would think he was dedicated and hard working and would be more likely to hire him.

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
I want to add my .02 to this topic. I am in agreement with T, Fuzion and Man and Pin. Lets look at the facts:
1 you love bb and you are proud of your gains...why would you let anyone take that pride away...are you saying that all that work , all those gains meant nothing.

2 You said that you get negative vibes from people...well get used to it. Some people will hate your car or truck cause it pollutes, your clothes are too young, your motorcycle means you are going through a midlife crisis...I guess what I am saying is don't let someone else define you, define yourself

3 What happens to all of those college football players who go looking for jobs or grad schools...do they all need to shrink to be accepted?

4 You need a good tailor, who will suit you up to look your best...then wear your clothes and carry yourself proudly. You've worked hard for the good grades, and worked hard for the good body, what's to be ashamed of

5 You said that you did not want to be seen as an "incomptent ogre." You need to see Shrek again bro

Nitrateman

nevergiveup

Banned
Sep 30, 2005
Its just, well, I’ve come to realize I cannot be the “freak” that I desire to be and have the career (as and RIA/CIB) that I want just as bad. And so, I have weighed my options, and found that its my career that is my future, my career that will feed my little tricycle engines (), and my career that will benefit me the most, not bodybuilding.

I know it is tough for you guys to understand why I cannot do both, but you have to trust me when I tell you that it just wont work--at least not in the egotistical, tooth-and-nail world of finance.

Please don’t misunderstand, I WILL NEVER quit lifting/biking/jogging, and, to be completely frank, ill probably never permanently stop using gear. It is just that I can no longer get any BIGGER/BB (which is what I really want to do, and that makes me fucking sad) and be accepted by the people I need to accept me in order to advance. But, not matter what; I am forever etching a daunting "what if" into the story of my life.

Thanks and you guys kick ass.