©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Milk

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
I was just re-reading Super Squats, How to Gain 30 Pounds of Muscle in 6 Weeks by Randall J. Strossen in preparation for today's squats. And he sure pushes the milk. He says its fantastic in conjunction with squats for growing muslce. I currently don't drink much milk. Does anybody else love or hate milk for their growth programs?

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
I try to stay away from milk, or most dairy products. I'll eat cottage cheese that's about it. I find that when I have a lot of dairy my energy level goes down. It takes a lot of calories for your body to digest milk, that's why they push the whole milk and yogurt for weight loss. IMO adults shouldn't drink milk, humans are the only adult animals that do. But I do love cottage cheese.

mrxplosive

Oct 10, 2005
Maybe he's getting paid to endorse milk by the dairy industry! J/K, but i don't really buy into the milk is good for you crap. As posted above, humans are the only mammals that drink milk as adults. We also didn't drink much of it until Mr Louis Pasteur invented pasteurization. I don't think a little milk is bad for you, but I don't think the human body needs to be putting it away in large quantities.

W

wolfyEVH

30lbs of muscle in 6weeks!?!?! maybe if you're a baby walrus!!!

And i drink milk everyday....at least a gallon a week......im also drinking a shit load of eggnog this holiday season.....mmmmmmmmm

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
My buddy loved drinking milk and drank about a gallon a day. That was back when Dbol only cycles were popular. He took 30-35mg of Dbol daily with it and got big as hell, but so did his gut. I wouldnt recommend drinking lots of it.

gpearl383

Jun 16, 2005
I usally mix my protein shakes with water but I will mix with milk and eat oatmeal first thing when i wake up. Milk gives me some extra calories for the shakes.

manatwork

Nov 28, 2004
I read article on it too, noy sure where but to gain that sort of weight you needed to drink more than 8 pints of milk a day, which i'm sure is quite a struggle. I always mix protien with low fat milk.

Apparently recent studies have shown that an increase in the consumption of dairy products in men, can lead to an increased risk of stroke and other brain disorders when older, not sure how true it is???? but still don't think that drinking a gallon of milk a day can be that good for anyone!

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
manatwork said:
I read article on it too, noy sure where but to gain that sort of weight you needed to drink more than 8 pints of milk a day, which i'm sure is quite a struggle. I always mix protien with low fat milk.

Apparently recent studies have shown that an increase in the consumption of dairy products in men, can lead to an increased risk of stroke and other brain disorders when older, not sure how true it is???? but still don't think that drinking a gallon of milk a day can be that good for anyone!

Dont be a guhrlyman.

Bizarro

Oracle's my Mod
Aug 16, 2004
Toxic Dump
Milk is a great source of protein but it is high in simple carbs (SUGAR). There is a company "HOOD" that makes a low-sugar non-fat milk (Carb Countdown) that I think tastes pretty good. Do a google search for hood dairy.

JoshF56

Aug 6, 2005
i drink milk all the time. theres nothing better than a cold glass of milk in the morning. i'm with you wolfy, lots of egg nog this year. my aunt makes it from scratch, sooo good.

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
Most of us are Pro Milk

Wow, there's a lot of opinions out there on milk and I would have to say more pro than against (although not unanimous). I would just like to add one more observation on the value of milk. Look at the body types of milk drinking societies and the body types of non milk drinking societies. In China and the rest of the far east they don't consume much dairy and their bodies are so feminine (Guhrley as Kell puts it). Coincidence? It could be related.

I have read books both pro and con on the milk question but it seems to me that most body builder types are pro milk.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
Guhrlyman is an old schwartzenegger term.
My old school opinion is that milk is damn good food.Period.
or God wouldnt've made so many cloven hoofed cattle to give us this good protien we all need.
MILK GOOD.
KELLY PRO MILK.

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
kell11 said:
Guhrlyman is an old schwartzenegger term.

Yeah, I remember Hans & Frans from Saturday Night Live. That was a classic parody of bodybuilders that Schwarzenegger adopted and made his own.

2RIIPPED

Sep 29, 2005
I love milk, I drink a quarter of a gallon before bed and it helps to fall asleep. I do this because its casein protein and curdles in your stomach so your body is provided with protein the whole time your asleep. Also supposedly everyone is allergic to milk, just a tid bit of info.

NinjaWizard

Nov 26, 2005
Kingdom of Canuckia
I wouldn't go as far as allergic, maybe intolorence. I love milk and used to drink a lot, but I felt so damn bloated that I decide to drink a bit less. But there is nothing like a pint of milk + whey before bed.

manatwork

Nov 28, 2004
Yep I'm a gurhlyman!! stand corrected, turns out dairy products reduce the risk of stroke and other, not increase! D'oh :dumbass: