©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Almost died today

mike1991

Sep 5, 2006
Mental Hospital
Well I almost died today; I use insulin about three times a week right after my workouts. I check my glucose every morning to see if any threads are happening. Anyhow, got back from the gym, made me two shake that I always drink, one is protein the other is pure dextrose. I took my insulin and drank half of my dextrose while getting out some chicken breast and some homemade hash browns that I was going to cook out for my second meal that I consume an hour later, walked toward the stove to put the chicken on the stove to get it out the way and the next thing I knew 5 hours and 20 minutes has passed and I found myself on the kitchen floor with the chicken on the floor and some grill items. I strongly feel if I didn’t drink the dextrose drink first I would have died. 2 years of insulin use and I have gotten really good results, but never again. It happens so fast and I didn’t recognize any S/S of being hypo because there were none. I went to my work and had a friend do a complete lab work up on me and nothing. EKG was normal, CAT scan was negative and that was done because I must have hit my head on the stove on the way down and my face is all black and blue on the left side.

P

pincrusher

this is a perfect example of why i will never ever ever mess with slin and i dont recommend anyone else does either unless you have years & years of gear usage experience and know your body inside & out.

IronMan

Oct 22, 2006
Ya bro you are very lucky count your blessings on that close call.Slin is some crazy shit