©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Atomant's Training Style...

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I post nearly every weekday in Brick's thread but just to give some insight into what I am doing with my training and provide some ideas for others for their own training, I am posting up my current split. A lot of the concepts are taken from DC, such as widowmakers and rest-pause training. Information is widely available on these technique here and elsewhere, but I can entertain any questions on how they are performed. However, please research the concepts before asking the questions as spoon feeding readily available information is not something I do :D

This program is intense and requires a dedicated nutrition plan because you are beating the piss out your body 6 days per week. I have been able to effectively drop body fat while maintaining muscle using this program and my recovery has been good, being that I am not excessively sore and am making consistent progress, due to my nutrition. This program focuses on progressive overload and requires one to increase the weight or reps every workout. Once the top of the rep range is reached (or close to it), the weight should be increased as you work your way back up the rep range.

The program is attached for your viewing pleasure :headbang: Had to be as a .pdf but you can download the excel file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2sqrdar46fx0quq/Atomant 6 Day HIT Training Anasci.xls

Attachments

• Atomant 6 Day HIT Training Anasci.pdf
    189 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I like the frequency, probably contributes a lot to your success when combined with busting ass!

Hakw

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I like the frequency, probably contributes a lot to your success when combined with busting ass!

Hakw

Definitely Hawk! I do much better hitting a muscle with more frequency and reduced volume... after doing a DC three way split I found I responded better than on the two-way. Then when I did a Mountain Dog style routine I found certain things really fatigued muscles to the extreme for me (like the drop sets and partials) and of course i learned that RP training worked for me with DC...

I took what I found worked best for me in terms of frequency, volume and intensity and combined them all :headbang:

I do know that this will not always be the case for me and I will have to adapt my training as my body changes, but now, this is what suits me.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
atom, i know you do high reps but whats the reasoning behind only one set?

any chance you can post your diet?

Ummmmm I'm not trying to be a dick, but did you read what I said my program was on? DC training.... High reps? Well not exactly, maybe for WM, but that is still my 10-12 rep max.

I clearly stated go do your research on DC in that post...

Edit: I can post my diet, but probably won't...

Last edited:

zezazi

Jan 27, 2013
I read that you were doing DC but I wasn't familiar with it. sorry about the ignorance bro, been up for two days studying for finals.. wish i could erase posts brain is all zombied out

zezazi

Jan 27, 2013
studying for the CPA and GRE. too much work brotha, last night had to pin some metatest for a boost to stay up. hahah!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I read that you were doing DC but I wasn't familiar with it. sorry about the ignorance bro, been up for two days studying for finals.. wish i could erase posts brain is all zombied out

My diet is actually posted on Generation X Bodybuilding - GenerationXBodybuilding.com :headbang: See post 4 for my current diet: http://generationxbodybuilding.com/forum/nutrition/475-atomant-s-recomp-diet

The more the merrier over there. It looks like it is turning out to be a nice community, much like here.

Hopefully you guys will check it out. And for vets with 2 or more years forum history, there are some additional features.

Last edited:

zezazi

Jan 27, 2013
My diet is actually posted on Generation X Bodybuilding - GenerationXBodybuilding.com :headbang: See post 4 for my current diet: http://generationxbodybuilding.com/forum/nutrition/475-atomant-s-recomp-diet

The more the merrier over there. It looks like it is turning out to be a nice community, much like here.

Hopefully you guys will check it out. And for vets with 2 or more years forum history, there are some additional features.

i signed up there a while back when i saw it advertised on PM. saw your diet, crazy intra stuff bro. keep up the good work.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
i signed up there a while back when i saw it advertised on PM. saw your diet, crazy intra stuff bro. keep up the good work.

I'm having a relatively good day... why not post it here too haha

Yeah, I am strong advocate of intra-workout nutrition and matching your diet to your training. They need to go hand in hand.

My intra-workout carbs are HBCDs a la Matt Porter's Muscle Intrusion

Attachments

• Atomant Meal Plan October 2013.pdf
    134.1 KB · Views: 20

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Definitely Hawk! I do much better hitting a muscle with more frequency and reduced volume... after doing a DC three way split I found I responded better than on the two-way. Then when I did a Mountain Dog style routine I found certain things really fatigued muscles to the extreme for me (like the drop sets and partials) and of course i learned that RP training worked for me with DC...

I took what I found worked best for me in terms of frequency, volume and intensity and combined them all :headbang:

I do know that this will not always be the case for me and I will have to adapt my training as my body changes, but now, this is what suits me.

We have discussed similar thinking in the past and after my meet I am going to begin high frequency pling under a coach with experience with that sort of thing and the concept is similar to your style, working up to one or two sets 3xEW. When I begin I would like to compare notes some more.

Hawk

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
We have discussed similar thinking in the past and after my meet I am going to begin high frequency pling under a coach with experience with that sort of thing and the concept is similar to your style, working up to one or two sets 3xEW. When I begin I would like to compare notes some more.

Hawk

No doubt Hawk! I am all about experimenting and trial and error.

I would love to see your split once you plan it out and hear your experience.

-atom