©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Cholesterol

aronpearce

Mar 5, 2005
Can you guys give me your thoughts on how your cholesterol both LDL and HDL has been affected by the use of TRT or just testosterone in general? Thanks

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
I can tell you that I have been on statins since my early 30's I am now 54. I have had my cholesterol tested while on my TRT and heavier doses and my numbers remain around 200. it should be noted my DR. had me on TRT for several years. I should also note my usage is conservative compared to others, I rarely use above 1000mgs weekly, for me no need. More like 800mg weekly. If I do not use statins my levels of LDL goes into the 300's and my HDL will plummet to single digits. I was not blessed with good cholesterol numbers. Fish oils are a must for me, they keep me at about 40-45. Even with heavier dosages of fish/krill oils I cannot get them any higher. I know if you are going to use oral aas, they can create havoc on your levels. With all this being said, Im going to have a large rib-eye steak and some red wine, cheers.

grizz

Mar 28, 2016
Honestly, my cholesterol levels have been better since my doc started me on trt than before. But, real trt, not calling it a name but running a cycle.

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I only have issues from blast doses and mainly oral aas. Oral aas destroy my HDL but everything else usually stays fine. I run a legit trt dose most of the time at 150mg but I am sure it would be different if I cruised on what some people do things doses such as 250mg test and 150mg deca. My problem is I like using orals during blast cycles. I use low doses but even 20-40mg avar kills my HDL in a few weeks and it's very slow to come back once I stop. So this blast I am going to stay off all orals and just use high deca with a tiny dose of test and mast and I will get blood work to see how things are. I hope I can actually improve my cholesterol profile whilst blasting and bulking but time will tell.

Are you using any supplements to help keep your cholesterol in range? I think for many people as long as they aren't blasting orals and tren etc if they use certain supplements and eat certain foods and do cardio it can make a massive difference to their cholesterol profile even if taking higher doses of testosterone or other more "mild" injectables. Without the supps and foods and cardio even test alone at blast doses should decrease HDL and increase LDL over time. I have seen it happen in guys running trt only but that's more due to bad eating habits and well the reason most people (especially as they get older) don't have great cholesterol profiles.

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
i have always had terrible high cholesterol #'s and battled with low good cholesterol when on test of any kind for any real length of time. my bad cholesterol was always around 2000 since my 20's and i have always been told it was hereditary but since i went cold turkey on all forms of sugar within 90 days my bad cholesterol dropped to 340. my good cholesterol was within range. plenty of heart healthy fats and ample sleep is supposed to support your good cholesterol but im no doctor. just my experience and i wish you all of the best!

VP