©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Dignosed with Liver Cancer

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Last Monday I had a biopsy done and the results just came back today. I am positive for hepatocellular carcinoma. I have a primary liver cell tumor and it appears to be isolated to the liver.

I am beside myself. The oncologist will call me with how to proceed and we will have a meeting to determine treatment options. I was told that is still in the early stages and because I do take care of my health, I stand a good chance against this thing. It is crazy... one minute all is good in the world, the next, you are staring the grim reaper in the face.

Life is too short. Live life to the fullest and never take anything for granted.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
God Atom I am so sorry to hear this. Your a tough sob and are going to pull through this. Others on the board have, and i know you will too. We are all here for you, so if you need anything at all, just ask.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
God Atom I am so sorry to hear this. Your a tough sob and are going to pull through this. Others on the board have, and i know you will too. We are all here for you, so if you need anything at all, just ask.

Yeah, how about a new fucking liver! LOL

Thanks brother :)

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Atom, I'm usually not at a loss for words, but this is one of those times. I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through this. You're one helluva a guy and a fantastic bodybuilder. I know you're going to come through this mess and be an even stronger warrior than you are at the moment. You'll be in my thoughts brother. As Mag said, ANYTHING you need, please don't hesitate to use my digits, PM me, whatever you want whenever you want.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom. Dammit. Dammit!!! Obviously, I was hoping for better. Fuck.

Listen friend, I know your head is spinning right now. You just hear that word cancer and your mind thinks the worst things and you think its over. I sure as hell did. IT IS NOT OVER! The fact that you are catching this early is HUGE AND A VERY GOOD THING! You are a very strong man and that is a big plus. Cancer is NOT a death sentence. They have all kinds of treatments and tricks up their sleeve now so go tell the grim reaper to go fuck himself!!!!!! Lean on your girl, family and friends and US. We want to help and we are here for you anytime. You will come out the other side stronger and a better person. You absolutely will. Life smacks everyone from time to time. It just sux when it hits a good man.

I'm going to PM you.

Last edited:

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Damn dude, im sorry brother :( its gonna work out, dont worry and stay positive. Like you said its early stage which is gonna make it easier to beat. Give it hell bro, you got this!

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Dude, from what I know of you just from the forums, you've got your shit together and you'll beat this shit. Peace.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Brother, keep strong and follow everything your providers explain for you to do. Keep asking questions to gotgame over at proM, he is a wealth of knowledge. I can only offer prayers and positive words to you, but i'll be sure to do that daily. Even when weary, keep your mental focus up and stay mind-strong. Don't give up, and live your life to it's fullest my friend. Knowing what I know of you from the boards, you will do well at this. Like brother thebrick mentioned above, this is not the end....rather the beginning of a new chapter in your life.

Lavey

Jan 5, 2015
Im so sorry brother & only wish you the best.
Keep your head up & try to stay positive.

Life is short & cruel for many but you got this.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Last Monday I had a biopsy done and the results just came back today. I am positive for hepatocellular carcinoma. I have a primary liver cell tumor and it appears to be isolated to the liver.

I am beside myself. The oncologist will call me with how to proceed and we will have a meeting to determine treatment options. I was told that is still in the early stages and because I do take care of my health, I stand a good chance against this thing. It is crazy... one minute all is good in the world, the next, you are staring the grim reaper in the face.

Life is too short. Live life to the fullest and never take anything for granted.

I wish you the best friend. Stay positive,,you can beat this thing.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
you WILL survive....from what I'm hearing we almost have cancer licked, the medical center in Houstom and the the mayo clinic in Chicago are treating cancer with re programmed HIV and polio virus'....but until then I would suggest researching
The Gerson therapy created by Dr. Max Gerson in the 1940's
Cannabis....trust me, ingest cannabis
Reservatrol

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
Fight it with all you've got brother we love you here you will beat this you are too smart and determined not to, just out of curiosity is dialysis the worst case scenario in this instance if they need to remove it?

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013

We all wish you the best and a speedy recovery sir, do they know what caused this?

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I'm sorry to hear this. One thing going for you for sure...you take fantastic care of yourself and are in great shape to take on the fight. God speed brother...

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Fight it with all you've got brother we love you here you will beat this you are too smart and determined not to, just out of curiosity is dialysis the worst case scenario in this instance if they need to remove it?

We all wish you the best and a speedy recovery sir, do they know what caused this?

Liver is not dialysis, that is the kidneys... You can't live without a liver. It looks like they will resect it, but I will have confirmation tomorrow. That is removal of the tumor. Then I will get some radiation after that or chemo to ensure all cancer cells are dead.

If they can't resect it and it is close to a vein or artery, I will need a transplant most likely.

The cause in most likely my excessive estrogen before getting on HRT. Whacked out estrogen can do some crazy shit...

Thank you everyone!

I am very positive. My girl is dealing with it much harder than I am. I am staying strong for her. She want to be there to support me, but she is scared as she hasn't dealt with a shit ton of adversity as I have... I have the mental and physical strength to beat this. I KNOW THAT.

Brick is the MAN! Such a fucking inspiration... cancer picked a fight with him, he won... Cancer picked the wrong fucking son of a bitch to mess with...

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom, we are counting on the resect!!!!!

It may be hard to see this right now but this experience will give you and your special woman a richer, stronger bond. Being scared is normal. I'd be worried if she wasn't scared!

Good things can grow out of adversity