©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Week one, new split

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Four on, one off, one on what I call 'tidy up' training. Extra work for lagging, rehab, etc. whatever YOU need right now. followed by one off then repeat.
So far so good. I'm going to talk about this as well as diet and supplementation strategies and let's see what happens.

Grim

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Similar to a few PLing splits where you train MWF and then do a "Fun" day over the weekend for accessory work.

Hawk

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Hey magnus, dropped the ball on this bro, sorry. Did four day split, one off and one free for all then one off. I'm going to be two on, one off doing a body part every six days. The other split was not working. I need to rest after legs and back. Practice what you preach peeps!

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
With this new split are you trying to place more focus in a certain area such as strength, size, or both?

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
With this new split are you trying to place more focus in a certain area such as strength, size, or both?

A little of both. I alternate between a HIT and volume. For me certain things respond better to one vs. the other. The 4 on is:
Chest/Bis/Abs
Quads/Hams/Calves
Delts/Tris
Back
Rest
Free Day - focus on lags
Rest

This was too much for my recovery. So, I'm splitting them up with extra rest days. Every third week, I'll do all volume work. LOTS of sets and reps. My back and legs thrive on those, chest, delts arms use much less with work, 12 sets tops.

Chest/Bis/Abs
Quads/Hams/Calves
Off
Delts/Tris
Back
Off
Repeat

This will work much better for me. Has before, will again.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
I'm going to go into detail about diet and possibly supplement regimen, in the way I feel it helps to get the most of this split depending upon workload. I hesitate to advise on supplements as it's such an individual thing.

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
Sounds like you are ready to start growing again. I'm interested to see your nutrient regimen. Curious to see the way you lay it out.