©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

3 months off training

nothuman

Donating Member
Jan 3, 2013
I am recovering from surgery and it will have been 3 months of being unable to train. I'm currently on TRT. How long after resuming training should most people wait before doing another blast?

Derek7X

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
If I were to assume without any additional info that training/utilizing anabolics 3 months after this surgery is not going to be invasive or contraindicative to your health:
You should probably just wait until your CNS has 're-learned' all the movements and you cap out on the CNS re-adaptation. I have a feeling this will take anywhere from 3-4 weeks. IMO, 1 month maximum you should be good to go(could be a little earlier?).

Last edited:

nothuman

Donating Member
Jan 3, 2013
Surgery would have been exactly 3 months to the day before I train again. I am healing from a broken sternum so it affects my chest.

And no it shouldn't affect recovery because I'll be 100% when I'm back. If I'm not, I'll just wait longer.

Last edited:

Derek7X

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Ouch!!!

I would definetly avoid all barbell pressing then. Dumbbell better anyways for chest IMO ;)

nothuman

Donating Member
Jan 3, 2013
Ouch!!!

I would definetly avoid all barbell pressing then. Dumbbell better anyways for chest IMO ;)

Yea man, I know I'll be ready to go back when I feel I can DB bench press again and when it doesn't hurt when I sneeze, which hurts like a royal biatch.