©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

48 hours after 1st injection

OkieDawg

Nov 27, 2004
1st injection-light red circle next to site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I already have a thread about the beginning of this, but wanted to start a new one in hopes of getting more posters.

Its been 48 hours since my first injection. I have noticed a light red circle, maybe the size of a baseball next to the injection site. Hard to tell but is noticiable enough to see the discoloration. Its only sore to the touch and it appears to be swollen just a bit. (although its hard to tell, I could just be paranoid.) I used all the precautions for injection(taking a shower first, and using an alcohol swab on the vial and the injecion site). Hopefully its not a big deal and you guys will give me a hard time about being a wuss. That would be better than something bad. PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
OkieDawg said:
Its been 48 hours since my first injection. I have noticed a light red circle, maybe the size of a baseball next to the injection site. Hard to tell but is noticiable enough to see the discoloration. Its only sore to the touch and it appears to be swollen just a bit. (although its hard to tell, I could just be paranoid.)

If it turns for the worse (hopefully not) then you should get it checked out at the doctors. The more common type of injection problems are abscesses and Cellulitis. You definitly don't have an abscess but you might want to be aware of the Cellulitis. Here's some information for you.

The word 'cellulitis' literally means inflammation of the cells (not to be confused with cellulite - the lumpy fat often found on thighs, and buttocks). It generally indicates an acute spreading infection of the skin (dermis and subcutaneous tissues) resulting in pain, erythema (redness), oedema, and warmth of the affected area.

Cellulitis can spread in the skin and involve the lymphatic system causing lymphangitis. Swollen glands (lymphadenopathy) may also be present. It can be caused by many different types of bacteria, but the most common are Streptococcus and Staphylococcus aureus. Specific oral antibiotics are given to control the infection, and analgesics may be needed to control pain. Elevating the infected area to minimize swelling and resting until symptoms improve, aid recovery which usually takes 7 to 10 days. In severe cases the patient may need to be hospitalized and receive antibiotics through the veins (intravenously).