©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

6th week of first cycle

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
So here I am in the middle of week 6 on my first cycle of Test E and EQ. I have not seen a jump in weight gain nearly at all. I have seen strength gain and I seem to be getting more and more defined.

Am I eating the right foods to cut my fat out and just add muscle, and then once that catches up and I going to gain some weight?! I think just the Test is about to reach the peak blood levels, and the EQ will soon be behind it.

My cycle looks like this....

Wk 1-14> 500mg Test E/Week
Wk 1-12> 400mg EQ/Week

Diet consists of these foods. I try and mix up day to day meals but it's usually these foods each day....

-Lean ground beef
-Chicken breasts
-Muscle Milk after workouts
-Tuna
-Fruits and Veggies
-Eggs
-Skim Milk
-Sometimes deli meat and beef jerky

I understand that each person has different reactions to this stuff. But I'm more concerned with it being the 6th week and only 4 pounds gained. But strength and definition are coming through great. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks....

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
4lbs about right if you're eating like a bird. You'll prob. drop bf% and get stronger but to really grow...You need to really eat.
What are your stats, total cals, and training like?
Ryder13 said:
So here I am in the middle of week 6 on my first cycle of Test E and EQ. I have not seen a jump in weight gain nearly at all. I have seen strength gain and I seem to be getting more and more defined.

Am I eating the right foods to cut my fat out and just add muscle, and then once that catches up and I going to gain some weight?! I think just the Test is about to reach the peak blood levels, and the EQ will soon be behind it.

My cycle looks like this....

Wk 1-14> 500mg Test E/Week
Wk 1-12> 400mg EQ/Week

Diet consists of these foods. I try and mix up day to day meals but it's usually these foods each day....

-Lean ground beef
-Chicken breasts
-Muscle Milk after workouts
-Tuna
-Fruits and Veggies
-Eggs
-Skim Milk
-Sometimes deli meat and beef jerky

I understand that each person has different reactions to this stuff. But I'm more concerned with it being the 6th week and only 4 pounds gained. But strength and definition are coming through great. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks....

oldfella

Jul 31, 2007
Your selection of foods sounds ok but we don't know the quantities! You need to eat big to get big. With the increases protein synthesis you need to ingest larger than normal amounts of proteins. Put up more info!

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
if your working out hard and not gaining right its usually the DIET,,,up your calories,,protein and carbs.

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
Correction... I guess I just hit it late. I'm noticing everything thats supposed to happen a lot more. Weight and size gain, and strength gain are all noticable to me now...

But here is everything you asked for in the replies....

Here is a random day of meals for me...

8am - 12 eggs (10 egg whites and 2 yolk)
11am pre-workout - Some smoked Turkey and 4 cups of skim milk
Post workout - Muscle Milk 6oz. chicken breast
1pm - 4 cups of skim milk and can of tuna
330pm - protein bar and 7 eggs ( 7 egg whites with 1 yolk)
6pm - can of tuna
8pm - Lean ground beef

Protein intake is at least 360g. I'm 195, so thats atleast 1.5g/lb of body weight for me. I know I'm getting enough.... and It's definately showing now.

Training looks like this...

I try and hit each muscle twice a week....

Mon.&Thurs - am workout=Chest pm workout=Arms
Tues&Fri - am workout=Back pm workout=Shoulders
Wed&Sat - Legs

I do 4 or 5 exercises, (depending on if I do more isolation exercises), in which I usually do 6-8 reps for each...

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
Correction... I guess I just hit it late. I'm noticing everything thats supposed to happen a lot more. Weight and size gain, and strength gain are all noticable to me now...

But here is everything you asked for in the replies....

Here is a random day of meals for me...

8am - 12 eggs (10 egg whites and 2 yolk)
11am pre-workout - Some smoked Turkey and 4 cups of skim milk
Post workout - Muscle Milk 6oz. chicken breast
1pm - 4 cups of skim milk and can of tuna
330pm - protein bar and 7 eggs ( 7 egg whites with 1 yolk)
6pm - can of tuna
8pm - Lean ground beef 1lb.

Protein intake is at least 360g. I'm 195, so thats atleast 1.5g/lb of body weight for me. I know I'm getting enough.... and It's definately showing now.

Some days I eat more than others, but this is usually the minimum for me...

Training looks like this...

I try and hit each muscle twice a week....

Mon.&Thurs - am workout=Chest pm workout=Arms
Tues&Fri - am workout=Back pm workout=Shoulders
Wed&Sat - Legs

I do 4 or 5 exercises, (depending on if I do more isolation exercises), in which I usually do 6-8 reps for each...

oldfella

Jul 31, 2007
Ryder, get your protein up around 400-450. also add in some more good fats. Watch what happens then!

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
I've been trying to stay away from fats. What are the good fats?!

haha... I cook with, and put a little olive oil on my chicken and ground beef...

Anyone help in that area??

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
And if you're not exagerating when you say "watch what happens then!", I'm excited to see what comes out of it...

Thanks oldfella

oldfella

Jul 31, 2007
Good fats are things like extra virgin Olive Oil, Flax oil, avacados, nuts esp almonds (unsalted). These fats when used proerly will help you out in a big way. They work well with a high protein diet! Can you put your diet into numbers? Like gms of protein, fats and carbs? Do this, work out the numbers by the day and put this up. It is interesting and will teach you alot about macros. You will also be surprised at the outcome. Most people under estimate the number of gms of the macros in their diets. if we get your protein up, carbs down a nd fats up you will be pleased witht the results.

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
I've got some extra virgin olive oil and milled flax seed... I eat cashews every now and then. I'll start keepin my numbers and put them up... Thanks again oldfella