©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

A lady lifter saying hello!

WTHagain1

Banned
Oct 26, 2013
Welcome to the board! And have you ever read Jim Wendlers 5,3,1 power lifting book? He knows his shit and lots of great assistance exercises to help bring up the big 3 lifts.

Jhezel

Oct 30, 2012
Welcome to Anasci. Anavar or primo is a good choice for first cycle. Becareful have all support supps(lipid and liver supps)when using anavar. I believe Amateurmale has blood work of his wife some where on the board. Anavar can reek havoc on lipids and liver. If you have questions on any AAS etc just ask. I will do my best to help.

3biglifts

Sep 15, 2013
Washington, D.C.
Welcome to the board! And have you ever read Jim Wendlers 5,3,1 power lifting book? He knows his shit and lots of great assistance exercises to help bring up the big 3 lifts.

Love him! Yup, I've read it twice although I may pick it back up for another look and see what else I can learn. Good reminder that the classics are classics for a reason...

Mostly I think my problem is that I've been going easy on my upper body because of the dislocated rib, and I just have to suck it up and rebuild. So having a really structured program for bench assistance work would be the way to go.

Thanks for the suggestion.

WTHagain1

Banned
Oct 26, 2013
Love him! Yup, I've read it twice although I may pick it back up for another look and see what else I can learn. Good reminder that the classics are classics for a reason...

Mostly I think my problem is that I've been going easy on my upper body because of the dislocated rib, and I just have to suck it up and rebuild. So having a really structured program for bench assistance work would be the way to go.

Thanks for the suggestion.

There's also an app for android called Big Lifts Pro. It follows the 5,3,1format to easily log your lifts.....it's pretty cool.

3biglifts

Sep 15, 2013
Washington, D.C.
There's also an app for android called Big Lifts Pro. It follows the 5,3,1format to easily log your lifts.....it's pretty cool.

I found "Big Lifts 2"...maybe an updated version? Just downloaded it and you can run Starting Strength, 5/3/1, or Smolov Jr. - haven't done Smolov for anything but I have a friend from grad school who ran it and made great squat progress with it and it may be just what I need to hammer my bench hard and bring it in line with my other 2.

Anyway, GREAT recommendation on the app. Thanks again!

WTHagain1

Banned
Oct 26, 2013
I found "Big Lifts 2"...maybe an updated version? Just downloaded it and you can run Starting Strength, 5/3/1, or Smolov Jr. - haven't done Smolov for anything but I have a friend from grad school who ran it and made great squat progress with it and it may be just what I need to hammer my bench hard and bring it in line with my other 2.

Anyway, GREAT recommendation on the app. Thanks again!

No problem and I hope it helps you. If you're on Facebook or Twitter you should follow Jim Wendler, he's always putting good info out there. And maybe Dave Tate can help you with your bench.
Dave Tate's Six-Week Bench Press Cure - YouTube

3biglifts

Sep 15, 2013
Washington, D.C.
Nice video - I have "So you think you can bench" bookmarked but that one's new to me. Gotta have respect for Dave - both as an lifter and what he's accomplished as a businessman without compromising himself.

Hannah Johnson actually just did a bench technique piece posted on Monday with some good video: The Minx: Bench Technique Ideas
2 big eye-openers for me were #6 on the technique list (I'm touching too high) and the video. I feel kind of silly now, but I've been trying to keep my whole butt on the bench rather than just a point of contact like she does, which helps explain why my arch sucks and I feel like I'm not getting much out of my leg drive.

Tonight just became bench night at the gym so I can try some of this stuff out! I'm hoping Smolov + form adjustments + first cycle = having a much better answer to "So how much do you bench?" in the near future.

Thanks!

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
:welcome::action-smiley-033::action-smiley-033::action-smiley-033:

3biglifts

Sep 15, 2013
Washington, D.C.
Probably should actually work out first.. Lol. :)

Hows it going 3big? .. :)

SO glad it's the weekend!

I actually just posted a question in the Anabolic Discussion forum (trying not to hijack my own introduction thread, lol) relating to body fat % and if I need to/should lean out before I start on cycle.

If any of you guys have experience or insight on this, please head over there and post it! I'm eager to get started but I wanna maximize what I can get from these fresh receptors...

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Hi all - I'm Christie, and I decided to join after finding this board and being very impressed by the amount of knowledge being shared here and how seriously most members seem to take their training and cycles. I've learned a lot already just from reading, so I definitely want to thank those of you who've taken the time to assemble this research and weed out some of the obvious (even to a newbie like me) nonsense.

It's taken a while for me to do what seems like enough research to prepare for my first cycle, just because there's not a lot of info out there that even considers women and this is certainly not something I want to jump into without being as prepared as possible. The logs I've found have mostly been from figure competitors or bodybuilders; I haven't seen much from women who are focused primarily on strength and there's almost no follow-up about keeping gains or any side effects post-cycle. Although I suppose, as they say, we're all an experiment of 1 so we'll see what happens.

I'm 31 and have been lifting for 5 years, although I only got really serious about it 3 years ago. I was a nutrition minor in college and continue to read a ton about nutrition and training, so I think I'm in a solid position from that angle (after all, I want to GET something out of this cycle and I'm not about to undercut my first one with weak diet and training). My biggest challenge is getting enough sleep, but things are calming down at work after a couple of crazy months so with a little more effort and planning I should be able to get that nailed down as well.

Basically, at this point I just have to pick what compound to run! Already got taurine and cycle support supps in hand, so it's just the last (hardest) part. Anavar seems to be the most popular choice among the ladies, and I like the idea of an oral so I can monitor for sides and adjust my dose as needed immediately (especially since I've never ordered before and have to acknowledge that I might get something other than var anyway if the supplier swaps it out on me). The other couple of orals suitable for women seem to get called out for harsher sides but I can't find anything conclusive to back up whether they also produce greater gains. That trade-off would be worth it to me but from what I've read there doesn't seem to be that big of a difference in strength gains.

So that's my long-winded introduction and way of saying thanks to all of you who've made this board what it is...how come I can't find any equally nice guys with these types of bodies where I live?!? ;)

Welcome!

I read your thread and if I were you I'd read this thread. http://www.anasci.org/vB/female-fitness-forum/33457-superdrol-women.html

Since you are a power lifter you should really look at trying superdrol. You can run less of it than anavar, which will keep you from having any masculinizing effects. However Superdrol is much more powerful than anavar especially in the area of strength. My advice is start with 2.5 - 5 mgs a day of SD for 3 weeks then come off and get bloods done.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Welcome to Anasci!

I agree with AM on the superdrol, though I find it to be a pretty harsh compound. In the words of my old strength coach "yeah, it's toxic as hell, but it makes me SO STRONG!" lol

You might also look at turinabol or T-bol. Worked great for the eastern European strength athletes, including the women, for years.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Glad you are here 3big . Glad you guys are being helpful.
Could we move this type of discussion on over to the proper thread(s) please?
No biggie just don't want to clutter upm the intro spot. K?
Thank you guys and gals ... T

3biglifts

Sep 15, 2013
Washington, D.C.
Would gladly move this thread if I could figure out how! Search didn't help, and FAQ seems to suggest mods may be the only ones with the authority to move threads?

I will wait to reply to the comments/advice above, to keep the thread from getting any longer here in the Intro section, until it has a new home.

Of course, if someone can point me to instructions on how to move a thread, I'll take care of it.

Thanks, guys!

Glad you are here 3big . Glad you guys are being helpful.
Could we move this type of discussion on over to the proper thread(s) please?
No biggie just don't want to clutter upm the intro spot. K?
Thank you guys and gals ... T