©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

A view of my offseason diet

Flex2019

Oct 26, 2012
Hey guys. Offseason is moving along pretty well and I thought I'd share what Shelby Starnes has me eating at this point. Here is a sample of what I eat on training days. The only thing I didn't go into detail on is my pre/intra workout protocol. Some things have to stay a secret ;)

Meal 1:
6 Egg whites
1 whole egg
3oz chicken breast
3/4 cup oatmeal
1 large orange
1tbsp coconut oil

Preworkout:
55g protein
60g carbs
15g fat

Intraworkout shake:
120g carbs
50g protein
Other secret ingredients

Postworkout:
10oz lean beef (cooked weight)
2.5 cups white rice

Meal 4:
4oz chicken breast
3.5oz lean beef
2 cups white rice
1tsbp grapeseed oil

Meal 5:
55g whey protein
80g waxy maize
1oz almonds

Meal 6:
4oz chicken breast
3.5oz lean beef
2 cups white rice
1 tbsp olive oil

Meal 7:
55g whey protein
1/2 cup oatmeal
15g waxy maize
7.5oz fresh strawberries
2tbsp peanut butter

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Good breakdown! Looking forward to seeing your off season progress:)

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Wow man that is a shit load of carbs peri workout. You doing slin pre and post? Lantus in the am?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Nice shit Flex. Do you mind talking about what kinds of things you've played around with intra workout?

I've tried a few different carb sources now and have settled on karboload. Waxy maize, dextrose, maltodextrin, Swedish oat starch... They all give me discomfort. I have yet to try highly branched cyclic dextrins but have been hearing good feedback.

Flex2019

Oct 26, 2012
Nice shit Flex. Do you mind talking about what kinds of things you've played around with intra workout?

I've tried a few different carb sources now and have settled on karboload. Waxy maize, dextrose, maltodextrin, Swedish oat starch... They all give me discomfort. I have yet to try highly branched cyclic dextrins but have been hearing good feedback.

I can't get to into too many details regarding what I am doing right now, as I pay my trainer good money for that info. I have played around a lot with intraworkout supplementation over the last few years though, and I have also found that Karboload/Karbolyn are great carbohydrate sources. I still use waxy maize quite a bit, but I have found that Karboload is easier on my stomach, especially during very intense training sessions. I haven't yet tried cyclic dextrin, so I can't comment on that. When I find something that works, I tend to stick with it.