©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Aas and blood pressure - on and off cycle

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Well no wonder bro. Those 3 can cause high bp by themselves. Damn u guys need to use your head.

Elevated BP- for periods of time can be harmful but does not implicitly imply health problems. There are quite a few other factors that go into the onset of negative side effects.

For instance- elevated blood pressure alone usually will cause no negative consequences in the short term (4-6 months) but when you combine hypertension with a elevated resting heart rate and trashed triglycerides then yes that's when we see problems with renal function impairment and dangerous MAP. Mean arterial pressure really is more of an indicator than simply blood pressure alone.

What a lot of you guys are doing is making the assumption that having an elevated blood pressure is always bad implicitly. This is not the case- clinically when we see people who are showing elevated BP it's due to low levels of fitness, poor overall health.

You have to look at the causes for the increase in BP- when we look at the most clinical cases it's not due androgen use. It's more often than not caused but overall poor health ie- lack of exercise, poor diet, stress, alcohol and tobacco use.

The difference being in the population where elevated BP is stemming from androgen use, the root cause usually is the increased production of Erythropoietin aka EPO. This is the hormone responsible for signaling your body to create more red blood cells-

An increase in BP of this nature is far less harmful than having a poor/ unhealthy arterial and veinous infrastructure.

Honestly I could go on and on, but I'm more or less trying to introduce the idea that looking at BP alone is a short sighted health marker when looking at in the terms of androgen use. Best thing you can do is increase your cardio output, more often than not this will off set most of the negative symptomatic occurrences of hypertension.

Last edited:

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
I agree about bp being high while on aas being "ok." Granted it's not absurd or for extended periods.

My main concern was due to getting a DOT physical. Even though I'm prob the healthiest person who's been in that doctors office, the DOT haS a guideline for bp numbers to go by healthy or not.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Mine does the same thing and I am older too. Lower androgens and regular cardio. Try that.

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
high blood pressure worries me. Mine isn't actually that high but my resting heart rate is way up at the top of the range and I never do cardio. Couldn't hurt to get my resting heart rate down.

I should start doing cardio but god damn I just hate it so much.