©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

about abs

eric.o

Oct 4, 2010
Can you over train your abs doing 4 days on 1 off ..or 3 days on and 1 day off? just curious..

mr mac

Jul 27, 2011
Depends...

I have had one very successful cycle where I trained abs in every workout. My six pack was ripped and huge. I think if you set out to completely destroy your abs or say have an all abs session then you should allow your body to rest and repair.

brandon

May 11, 2011
Can you over train your abs doing 4 days on 1 off ..or 3 days on and 1 day off? just curious..

Abs really depend on the person. Imo they seem to recover faster than most other muscles but 4on 1 off would be overdoing it for me

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Isn't the goal of bodybuilding to work a muscle the least number of times to get the most results possible?
Would you rather work your arms once a month or 7 days a week to get 19 inchers?
Of course, it isn't possible to get 19 inch arms from once a month workouts, but the question is to emphasize a point. Why would anyone want to work any muscle every day?

Big Danny

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2006
Agreee, they should be treated and trained like any other muscle group.
You can overtrain abs.

bobbie

Jun 8, 2011
definitely you can overtrain your abs and I have heard it is quite painful

8mm

Aug 9, 2011
It depends on what exercises you are doing, I start a week with 50-60 crunches a day and this is not overtraining in my opinion. but I think that if you work abs hard , every day you definitely will hinder growth.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in

I dont think you need to train them daily. I treat them almost like any other muscle group other than I do hit abs 2 x per week.

cro.an72

Jan 22, 2011

Abs are as any muscle and respond to weight , train your legs 4 times a week and see what happens..same thing with abs