©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Abs

nwakes07

Jan 5, 2013
Colorado Springs
Alright so ive heard several things and I suppose I can try things to see what works for me, but as a general rule of thumb, if there is one? what works best for abs? I want a six pack you can see, but I take a mass gainer to get big, is this counter productive? also do I train heavy with weights, like 7 crunches with a 25 lb and 7 crunches with 35 etc etc and or do I do high reps / body weight?
Need some love!

chris698

Oct 30, 2012
Florida
I do high reps 50 at a time, no extra weight, typically 3-4 sets 4-5 times per week. I do inverted sit up on decline bench. I also do bench crunches, where I let my legs hang off the edge of a bench. When I am ready, I extend my legs so they are straight, then crunch my head and knees, so my head is crunched toward my knees, in a sit up position. (hopefully that makes sense) :)

Sometimes to mix it up I will do weighted cable crunches. When I do those, I typically do 15-20 reps.

I like high reps because it helps burn the fat around my mid section, while toning the muscles.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
whats a true bulk?

Its the time you dedicate with the sole purpose of putting on mass. Calories are increased, diets are typically more forgiving, and for most, body fat is increased. This is where your weight gainer can be used and abs dissapear. Not sure of your bodyfat, but most can see them around 10 to 12%. Full clearly defined 6 pack, even less. Many even find, including myself, direct ab work is not needed. Remember, training them makes them bigger, your diet makes them visible.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Magnus hit that one. A popular saying for lots of mass gainer powders is "put on 7 lbs in one week" and as you read the ingredients there is a zillion mg of sugar per serving . Read the labels and save your money for real food IMO .

Incognito1

Dec 24, 2012
Yep I agree, weight gainers are a waste of time. Trust me I was about 145 lbs and 6 ft at age 24 when I started this game. I've tried just about all if them. Save yourself the time buddy and go with whole foods, a plus is you know exactly what you are eating too

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
Abs are made in the kitchen...all about being lean/staying lean. Just dont neglect the abs and/or the diet...but if your BF is too high, you wont see them (obviously).

Good luck..

-s

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Abs are made in the kitchen...all about being lean/staying lean. Just dont neglect the abs and/or the diet...but if your BF is too high, you wont see them (obviously).

Good luck..

-s

Slide? It's mental from IM. Man, I haven't seen you around IM in a long minute! How you doing brother?