©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Advice for low back pain.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Hi Fella's, So I was doing dead lifts today and after 5 reps I felt a shooting pain. I stopped immediately. I have never really had any back problems. The pain is very low and it almost feels like my balls ache. Anyone ever experience this? I included a picture of the area its in. My form was good and footing was sure. It was 225 for reps. Nothing crazy. The only thing I have been doing different is I dropped my 50mg of deca a week and started a blend of tren, mast,prop.
What would you recommend to help heal it up quick. I am pretty sure its not the spine. Feels like muscle. After it feels better I was thinking of hyper extensions for a while. Ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

• lumbar_spine_muscles.jpg
    lumbar_spine_muscles.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 73

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
funny you mention that I had the same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago. was on my third repvof 505 and had to stop.the next day I could hardly walk.Been foam rolling and using my thera-cane religiously which has helped a ton but I'm still nervous to deadlift again. I would guess it's some sort of muscle strain. try giving it a rest and hopefully you will be back to new.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Thanks. Its weird it happened when I was doing reps with moderate weight. I'll
Wait till tomorrow to do anything. Seems like only standing or laying straight helps. 800mg advil didn't do squat. Sitting sucks bad!

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Take it from some one who has broken their back and knows all about lower back problems-

Look up "neutral spine" techniques- there is nothing better to help your body with the healing process. Also mild sacral traction will help too.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Take it from some one who has broken their back and knows all about lower back problems-

Look up "neutral spine" techniques- there is nothing better to help your body with the healing process. Also mild sacral traction will help too.

Thanks, I'm looking now.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Thanks, I'm looking now.

You'll be very very surprised at how effective it can be despite the subtlety of the movements. Just holding those poses in a static position repeated for 5-6 times for about 15 seconds at a time a few times a day is what keeps me upright and able to teach MMA and kickboxing.

I spent years trying different things until I met a "back guru" who really helped me get back to a place where I could function again.

1superman

Jul 20, 2013
Turtle wax car polisher has done wonders for my back pain, sore muscles, and scar tissue. It's $23 at Wal Mart.
Turtle wax polisher.jpg

Lil Canada

Nov 30, 2009
Well considering I'm about to go under the knife and have half of my spine rebuilt I know all too much about back pain.
As you can see from my post and my date joined on the site I've been laid up for a bit. If you dont want to be stuck and dependent on oxy or morphine, i've been on both, depending where you live try some good old fashion herbal medicine, aka cannabis. I lived in Holland for awhile and having access to that helped me lower my Morphine intake from 200+mg/day down to 30mg. Now I'm on Oxy but trying to get off it.

If it isn't your actual spine and you dont want to go pain pill route or herbal route get some HGH and pin it directly into that muscle area.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Man lil canada i was wondering where u went..very true on mm for pain bro..even the food variety or baked goods work well .Hope u fill us in and have a speedy recovery bro..

I know you guys are sick of me saying DMSO but here i go again
DMSO....or Dit jou oil per Atom Ant for sore aches. ..

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Thanks Guys. It is feeling better. It was horrible for a few days. I still believe its all muscle. I have been using advil but not too much and I have been wearing a soft support belt to help me from twisting or slouching when I sit. I am also wondering if the elliptical may contribute to my problem. I do it sometimes for an hour and I always feel a slight pulling in the lower right buttocks area. I may drop it for walking and biking.
Lil Canada, hope you feel strong again soon....

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
And train those abs up for strength when you are able. strong abs are a must
for lower back stability. T

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
There is a good chance you're looking at gluteal/multifidus issue(s).
The multifidus are postural, keep you erect the pelvis rolls forward when you sit up so, without seeing your gait, etc., it's hard to say. A decent chiro could watch you walk and see where you're compensating, etc. just to get an idea of what's doing.