©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Advice on Subcutaneous Injection

cinders

Apr 21, 2004
Where's the best place and best way of doing this?...

I was thinking Stomache... Only problem is I'm doing a shot of HCG Friday morning before I fly at lunchtime on a 12 hour trip, worried it's gonna be painful throughout the flight... Was thinking in the fat on the top of my leg, but I don't want it to hurt as I'll be doing a lot of walking/running...

Any advice?...

Cinders.

cinders

Apr 21, 2004
P.S. Can I do it with a 23G Needle, I only have these for my triceps etc, and 21G's for my Glutes...

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
If your doing subQ, you can use many different spots on your body. The stomach is fine for a subQ, and it will not hurt. Now, if you use a 23g pin, it wont be subQ, it will be intramuscular (IM). What are you planning to inject?

cinders

Apr 21, 2004
I'm planning to inject H.G.C. as I've finished my course now.

I've got the packet here but it came with no needles...

I can't get hold of any 27G needles..... (doh!)

It says on the packet IM or SubQ, but I thought I'd do it SubQ due to it's slower release...

I guess it sounds like I'll have to do it IM - maybe in the Delt?

cinders

Apr 21, 2004
Anyone?....

Can I use a 23G and just put it in half way so I don't hit the muscle? Or is it too thick?....

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
You can shoot it IM, but I wouldnt recommend trying to go subQ with a regular pin. If you only have 23 or 25g pins, just shoot it IM. If you can get some insulin pins, you can go subQ. You can order pins online. A couple sites are:

www.carecenter.com
www.getpinz.com

cinders

Apr 21, 2004
Looks like I'll have to do it IM as I'm going away this Friday, so no time to order pins. I've spoken to our local needle exchange here in the UK and they only do 21 and 23G - so I'll just whack it in my delt before I go. Thanks for the advice guys...