©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

antibiotics and gear (got bit again!)

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
I took Cipro XR last March while finishing a cycle for a bad UTI. Well about 2 or 3 weeks ago I got bitten by some nasty spider in my sleep that after five days the bite was the circumference of a tennis ball and I had to break down and go to the Dr who Rx'd Ceflex. I hate anti-biotics b/c they give me diarrehea and I always wind up with a cold or flu following b/c of the fact they wipe out the good cells (and I have no spleen) ANYWAY I got bit by another f'ing spider in my sleep AGAIN and I will prob have to take the Ceflex again. I'm on a pretty heavy cycle. Kell or anyone any thoughts??

PS My friend said "cut it open and pour bleach on it" WTF?? lol

P

pincrusher

dont know what to tell you about the spider bite/antibiotics issue but concerning the cut it open part i have experience in that although not with a spider bite. i once got poison oak really bad but didnt want to go to the docs cause i didnt have health insurance at the time. i tried all the OTC remedies and non worked and it got progressively bad till it covered pretty much my whole body. my solution was to get a huge bottle of rubbing alcohol a few razor blades and some witch hazel, i filled the tub with water & some witch hazel and proceeded to cut open every damn bubble of poison on my body and pour rubbing alcohol on them. hurt like hell and then some and i was actually crying somewhat while doing it but i tell you what it cleared it up in a day. craziest thing i think i ever did to myself and most painful too but it worked and that was all i cared about. it almost felt like it hurt worse than if i had to cut off a limb with a saw. LOL

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
Pin, thanks for sharing that sick story. Damn bro new respect.
GregD, hire an f'ing fumigater.

Nitrateman

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
Since it's a skin infection it's probably a gram-positive bacteria. I'd ask you doctor if he would let you switch to Augmentin or something that doesn't cause as much diarrhea. I'd just tell your doctor you had problems with the keflex and tell him to give you an antibiotic that is easier on your GI flora. Just hope you never have to take Tetracycline or Cleocin, then you really will never be able to leave the bathroom!!! But in the meantime I would just get some Neosporin and put it on there.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
Last night my wrist was still swollen. I didn't go to the gym, this a.m. (of the 3rd day) some of the swelling has gone down and it's not as sore. I may make it w/o anti-biotics. I'm waiting til this afternoon to make a decision.

BiggerISBetter

Dec 19, 2005
In the Gym
Greg, do a Google on Brown Recluse Spiders. Your description is a little shy of me saying that's definitely what bit you, but the odds are medium good and those mothers are bad.

One of my dogs was bitten before we adopted her and is missing a tail and one foot because of it, that particular poison just digests animal tissue.

I usually go to doctors only for car wrecks, house fires and multiple gunshot wounds, but a BRSpider bite is nothing to ignore and just tough it out.

turd ferguson

Feb 24, 2005
pincrusher said:
dont know what to tell you about the spider bite/antibiotics issue but concerning the cut it open part i have experience in that although not with a spider bite. i once got poison oak really bad but didnt want to go to the docs cause i didnt have health insurance at the time. i tried all the OTC remedies and non worked and it got progressively bad till it covered pretty much my whole body. my solution was to get a huge bottle of rubbing alcohol a few razor blades and some witch hazel, i filled the tub with water & some witch hazel and proceeded to cut open every damn bubble of poison on my body and pour rubbing alcohol on them. hurt like hell and then some and i was actually crying somewhat while doing it but i tell you what it cleared it up in a day. craziest thing i think i ever did to myself and most painful too but it worked and that was all i cared about. it almost felt like it hurt worse than if i had to cut off a limb with a saw. LOL

next time you get poison oak, just pour some gasoline on it, it feels awesome

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
I'd agree with MastaLifta, probably a gram positive skin infection, which cephalosporins like Keflex can treat fairly easily usually. However, as he mentioned, other antibiotic classes can treat the same bacteria with fewer gut issues, so mention it to your doc. Odd though, keflex usually isn't bad on the gut compared to tetracycline or things like azithromycin.

Topical antibiotics likely won't do much unless the wound is open, particularly if the infection is fairly deep and associated with significant swelling.

As for Pin.....that was some wierd shit you did. Maybe we ought to call you Razorcrusher.