©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

aspirating?

OkieDawg

Nov 27, 2004
A question on aspirating. After inserting the needle and before injecting you should aspirate. Just want to be clear on this! Thats when you pull back on the plunger a tab to check and see if there is any blood coming into the the syringe which would mean your in a vein, CORRECT? How far do you pull back and I'm assuming very slowly? I'm assuming you can't get air into it that way since its in your muscle. And if you do get blood you just pull out and try again. But is the dosage still sage to inject since there might be blood in the syringe? IS THIS CORRECT OR JUST COMPLETELY WRONG!!! Read this off a web site. Want to be sure on every step before going through with it. THANKS ALL

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
first of all, it is always safe practice to aspirate, get in the habit now. second, you more than likely will see air bubbles, but thats fine. and if you hit a vein the plunger will more than likely go back on its own with blood. bubbles are fine, you just dont want huge bubbles, like 3ccs worth of bubbles.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
i just started to aspirate and your correct on the aspirating. Just pull the plunger back slightly and if you notice any blood just pull it out and do it again. Theirs nothing harmful that can happen to you for doing this so don't worry about the bubbles.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
If you look under F.A.Q., it answers alot of questions. and like i stated, this says the same:

I have heard that if an air bubble gets in the syringe and is injected, it can kill you?

First of all, it would likely take a full three ccs of air injected right into a vein to cause a fatality. Small air bubbles injected intramuscularly in an oil solution do not pose a hazard, yet it is a good
practice to eliminate them anyway. Small air bubbles that appear in an oil solution after it is drawn into the syringe will slowly rise to the top of the syringe if held needle-side-up. This may take as long as ten minutes with some persistent tapping on the side of the case. After the air has all risen to the top of the solution, the stopper can be slightly pressed which gets rid of the air along with a tiny bit of anabolics from the syringe

Aratesticle

Nov 7, 2004
I have had to reinject twice on this cycle because of blood when aspirating. I just switched out the needle and tried again. there was blood in the oil both times too. It shouldn't cause a problem because it goes straight out of your body into the oil then back into your body(the blood).

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
What i do to prevent air bubbles is to draw out more than what's needed. In other words if your doing 1CC then take out about 1 1/2 CC's. Once you have the 1 1/2 shoot back the other 1/2 back in the bottle (don't take the needle out until you've done that) what that does is let's all the air bubbles out the needle without wasting your gear. After taking out the needle tap it some more and squeeze real gentle to get any remaining. What that does is help to lubricate the needle.

NorthQ

Sep 28, 2004
Oslo, Norway
You need to inject 20ml air before it becomes dangerous, so dont mind some airbubbles. (as long its not in an arterie)

W

wolfyEVH

NorthQ said:
You need to inject 20ml air before it becomes dangerous, so dont mind some airbubbles. (as long its not in an arterie)

lol....20?????? maybe thats why you were in the hospital.......try 3cc's..........3cc's into a vein can be lethal

NorthQ

Sep 28, 2004
Oslo, Norway
wolfyEVH said:
lol....20?????? maybe thats why you were in the hospital.......try 3cc's..........3cc's into a vein can be lethal
hehe, asked a heartdoctor about it, and he said 20ml as long as it wasnt in an arterie :) I wouldnt recomend to try though. asked him because i saw some huge airbubbles in all the morphineshots I got, but he said the veins would absorbe it so it didnt matter.

Last edited:

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Does anyone have trouble aspirating a needle when they do delt shots? How would you hold the pin so that you don't move your arm and keep the right angle?

P

pincrusher

oracle said:
Does anyone have trouble aspirating a needle when they do delt shots? How would you hold the pin so that you don't move your arm and keep the right angle?
if you wrap your bottom 3 fingers around the syringe then you can use your thumb and first finger to push up on the tabs on the plunger to aspirate then just use your thumb to push down on plunger when injecting.

Tainter

Feb 10, 2005
well if i see blood , pull out, and i reinject, how can i aspirate the second try?
(i ask my girlfriend that all the time.)

Bizarro

Oracle's my Mod
Aug 16, 2004
Toxic Dump
Thats a good question -- and is it OK to inject your own blood from the first aspiration intra-muscularly????