©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Back mass

pspice

Nov 1, 2011
What do you guys use for adding mass to the shoulder-blade area of your back, others then armed cable row and bent over row?

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
What do you guys use for adding mass to the shoulder-blade area of your back, others then armed cable row and bent over row?

Lots of rows,,pullups (chins),,pulldowns. You have to hit the back with a wide variety of exercises for complete developement.

Edgen1100

Banned
Oct 12, 2012
Well!!!Fitness is the necessary for keep the healthy lifestyle and fitness.So we should take care
of the body fitness and health.Different people use the different method and diets for the gain
the weight but HCG diet so good and effective diet for gain the mass and body muscles...

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
Rack Deadlifts are a personal favorite of mine and love the Tbars as well for overall back thickness.

-s

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
Upright rows(barbell n dumbell n cable).....lat pulldowns(wide grip) and i guess shrugs when done the right way too. My back is one of my strong points. Someone can look huge from behind(lats..back.) n small from the front(chest..front delts)

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
My back grew like a weed on deadlifts, t-bars and then close grip pull-downs. That was it. Worked those as hard and heavy as I could go too

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Same here. Still the base exercises of my back workout.

Good to know I'm not the only one! These three exercises are STILL the staples of my back training. The only thing is I do rack deads now because of my neck surgery last year. If its ain't broke, don't fix it.

Muscleaddict83

Oct 29, 2012
Another couple of good exercises that no one has mentioned yet are Pullups and Pulldowns to the back of the neck.

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
I was messing around recently waiting for a buddy after finishing my DC workout, and was at a cable machine, and pulled both handles in by trying to pinch my elbows to my sides and bringing arms back up, squeezing my lats on each rep and I loved it. Works and feels great for me. That and high rep deads in the 15-20 range work for me.

Heres a link for a video of what im talkin about, similar to what he is doing just the cables are spread out futher and im pinching my elbows to my side and squeezing back rather than trying to mimic a lat pulldown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF5Mnfsun0Q

electrickettle6

Dec 6, 2012
you want to target your lower/middle traps.
The best thing i found that gave me really good back thickness is doing underhand yates rows. I like to go as heavy as i possibly can and squeeze out a solid 10 reps. Make sure your elbows don't travel to closely to your body otherwise your lats will come into play. Keep your body tight and imagine that you are pushing something back with your elbows instead of pulling something close to your chest. That way you use less of the bicep and more of your back.

Also very important to overall back thickness. REAR DELTS. I isolate these hard on shoulder day i do about 8 sets total and 12 reps each set. This is the most important muscle for proper posture and shoulder girdle positioning and general shoulder health.

Agley

Banned
Dec 13, 2012
Well!!!Different ways for gain the back mass.Different people use the
different method and diets for the gain the weight but HCG diet so
good and effective diet for gain the back mass and body muscles...