©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

back to your best

learner

May 27, 2010
hey guys,
how long does it take to for you guys to get back to your best lifts after say a long 2 to 3 months lay off, i know its quiet person specific but just wanna know your individual experiences.

thanks guys.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
usualy I can get back on track pretty fast. A few weeks of getting after it ill be back on the rite track.
A few months You should reach or pass up where you were before.

learner

May 27, 2010
usualy I can get back on track pretty fast. A few weeks of getting after it ill be back on the rite track.
A few months You should reach or pass up where you were before.

last time(2months back) my personal best on
inclines was 315 x 8
declines 350 x 6 to 8
deads 500 x 10
squats 450 x 14
leg press 750 x 30
shrugs 550 x 15

this was my first week.... i did my work sets with 225 on all major movements..fuckin too sore every where:)
here on my plan every week is to make 25 to 45 pound jumps every week on these bread and butter movements, untill i reach my previous best

Last edited:

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
Shoot those are some SOLID lifts! Must be a good size fella.
Good luck to ya buddy!

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
Shoot those are some SOLID lifts! Must be a good size fella.
Good luck to ya buddy!

Sheesh, no shit...

315 for a full set of 8....I mean, I'm decent at over head presses but I give a full on hand shake to most that do that.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
hey guys,
how long does it take to for you guys to get back to your best lifts after say a long 2 to 3 months lay off, i know its quiet person specific but just wanna know your individual experiences.

thanks guys.

Its doesnt take long. Muscle memory is a wonderful thing. I would say 2-4 weeks.

big.brs

Sep 2, 2010
Moreover 3-4 weeks only and I may join back, since a long term delay will force to make you away from where were you actually..

Big A

IFBB Pro / NPC Judge / Admin
Sep 10, 2005
Sheesh, no shit...

315 for a full set of 8....I mean, I'm decent at over head presses but I give a full on hand shake to most that do that.

You should see Justin doing 415 for 10 over and over on the seated behind neck shoulder press. You just stand behind him "spotting" him, feeling REALLY small.

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
You should see Justin doing 415 for 10 over and over on the seated behind neck shoulder press. You just stand behind him "spotting" him, feeling REALLY small.

Damn!!! Justin is a Freak:eek:

I remember seeing him in a video squatting with 2-3 guys(I think 3) sitting stacked staight up on his shoulders like a normal dude would with his one little kid. Justin seemed to be doing it with ease.

Last edited: