©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Benefits to cooking the oatmeal?

matt17

Sep 1, 2008
In the most of my mornings I’m rushing so I usually make a shake to go. I mix 5 eggs 2 oranges 1 cup oats and scoop of whey and blend it and go. So my question is if there are any benefits to cooking the oatmeal rather than blending the raw oats?

jamie90

Apr 19, 2010
In the most of my mornings I’m rushing so I usually make a shake to go. I mix 5 eggs 2 oranges 1 cup oats and scoop of whey and blend it and go. So my question is if there are any benefits to cooking the oatmeal rather than blending the raw oats?

The only benefit can be that they may digest a bit easier once cooked but that effect would be negligible.

1simple

Jul 9, 2011
I like to make anything I can into a shake. How is better to measure oatmeal , dry or after it's cooked?

1simple

Jul 9, 2011
I like to make anything I can into a shake. How is better to measure oatmeal , dry or after it's cooked?

slippery

May 5, 2011
I blend it into a powder and throw it in my shakes. Add some natural peanut butter to that blend and that's it