©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

big shoulders

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
I'm 5'6" at a weight of 165 i was repping 185 for seated presses. genetics???? Training right plays its role as well. Leave the fancy lifts for cutting cycles and stick with heavy basic lifts, low reps. Achieve momentary muscular fatique and move on to the next lift. My calves ain't to pretty either. Clint

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
Bump on the Arnolds. Did them for the first time two days ago, and i felt the shoulder muscles...don't know how else to explain it.

Arnolds will be part of my routine from now on, or until tomorrow LOL

Nitrateman

Macstanton

Nov 21, 2005
speakin of calves, do any of you feel a little weird doing donkey calf raises in front of a lot of people. or do you have the machine b/c i've never had that luxury. I've always had to have some guy sit on my back in the middle of a damn gym....lol

W

wolfyEVH

Clint1 said:
This whole preference to presses to the front or behind the neck comes down to genetics. Upright rows is another lift that just does not feel right, so i do shrugs instead. As far as the overtraining issue is concerned, which is a very common mistake. People think take a routine out of some book/magazine and try to employ it to gain. When in fact its more then there body is ready for, they see little to no gain and figure "i'll add a set". Wrong. I have my routine pretty well dialed in, meaning i gain either reps or poundage from one week to the next. My workouts are 20-30 mins. on average. One bodypart a day seven days a week, if i'm feeling burnt out i'll take a day. If i'm not gaining strength/reps/poundage i tend to drop a set on a lift vs. adding more sets or another lift for the given bodypart. Less is more for me if done with sifficient intensity. Clint

you work out 7 days a week!?!? your body needs rest days for you CNS. even though your workouts are only 30 mins, I still think you need at least 2 days rest per week. do you ever feel drained during the week?

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
I try to get in 7 days a week, especially early in a cycle. I do one bodypart a day except day 7 is calves and abs and i just started doing neck raises. My thought is each bobypart is getting hit hard once every seven days. If i'm not gaining reps or poundage on my lifts from week to week i change something. i have got one week in with lifting since late june. My body weight is up 10 lbs so far. My lifts will climb quick as well due to muscle memory and some "supplements". I listen to my body if i'm feeling burnt i'll take some days off or do a mainteance type of workout. I'm a bricklayer so i do heavy physical labor all week at work. If you have any input shoot, i'll listen that is why i'm here. If i feel i can ad to a post i will, but i'm mostly here to learn. Clint

W

wolfyEVH

Clint1 said:
I try to get in 7 days a week, especially early in a cycle. I do one bodypart a day except day 7 is calves and abs and i just started doing neck raises. My thought is each bobypart is getting hit hard once every seven days. If i'm not gaining reps or poundage on my lifts from week to week i change something. i have got one week in with lifting since late june. My body weight is up 10 lbs so far. My lifts will climb quick as well due to muscle memory and some "supplements". I listen to my body if i'm feeling burnt i'll take some days off or do a mainteance type of workout. I'm a bricklayer so i do heavy physical labor all week at work. If you have any input shoot, i'll listen that is why i'm here. If i feel i can ad to a post i will, but i'm mostly here to learn. Clint

well u can still hit each bodypart 7 days a week w/ adding rest days....combine bodyparts that go with each other..... like back and bi's, shoulders/tris, legs and chest on their own day. right there is 4 days a week and you get 3 days off. Maybe try that for like a few months and see how you like it. I dont know about you, but i like to be in the gym only a few times a week. Dont get my wrong, i love to work out, but i'd much rather work out 4 days a week and have 3 days rest. (wednesday and the weekend) i'm only at the gym for about a hour each day. Your body will want to repair your CNS before it starts on your muscles. thats why its good to have a day off in the middle of the week. plus the whole weekend free to relax and not worry about anything but eating!

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
Wolfy, If things get stale or i start burning out i'll take your suggestions under consideration. In the past i've used training splits similar to what you are suggesting. I work out at home, i have a full rack w/ lat tower, low pulley row, dip station, safety spotters inside the rack as well as outside. It has everythng i need. So i have the advantage of just walking down the stairs when i feel like working out. But, like you said everyday can get old and its always good to mix things up for the body. Later, Clint

ben johnson

Sep 1, 2005
mormonville
i have started a new routine and am hitting hi rep, low weight next week and i will do it for a few weeks and then go heavy again. i see some improvement in shoulder. wheni get the balls i will post some pics...