©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

bigger chest

JoshF56

Aug 6, 2005
i've got 2 weeks left in my first cycle 500mg test e/wk. im pretty satisfied with my results, but my chest is still lacking the size i would like compared to the rest. i do all the normal lifts, incline, decline, flat bench, fly, etc. (not all at once, i change it up weekly). can anyone give some advice on ways to improve, what i may be doing wrong, etc. thanks for the help in advance.

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
could be time to change up your workout mabie go to hi reps like 15 or so for a few weeks then drop to low reps 5 to 7 , I find that this shocks your body and gets me past sticky points,

JoshF56

Aug 6, 2005
yeah, dont know why i didnt think of trying that. its just frustrating, everything else has grown a lot and my chest hasnt really grown like i would like

Macstanton

Nov 21, 2005
you could try supersetting or compoundsetting with something else. you could be at a plateau. your muscles probably just got used to your workout and now it's time for a change.

Cannons

Big Gunz
Sep 3, 2005
Wherever I'm needed baby!
My chest was lacking for the longest time until I consciously decided to do something about it. If I knew exacty what your workouts were I'd have more of an idea to pinpoint change, but since I've done the following, I've had great results:

Dumb bell Flyes (from all angles, flat, incline, decline, build thickness)
Cable flyes (definition and lets you concentrate on eccentric and concentric)
concentration flat dumbbell press (keep dumbbells pressed together throughout whole pressing movement, hits inner pecs very well).

I do mostly incline flyes and presses and only do flats for warm up, because my upper and inner chest is lagging behind the rest. Muscle to mind connection is very important as well, but I'm sure you know that.

JoshF56

Aug 6, 2005
Cannons said:
I do mostly incline flyes and presses and only do flats for warm up, because my upper and inner chest is lagging behind the rest. Muscle to mind connection is very important as well, but I'm sure you know that.
thats where im lacking also so i will give that a shot and see what happens

a-bomb83

fatboy
Apr 4, 2005
da ville
try a low volume routine. you may be over training, which is easy to do while on. stick with compound movements, steer clear from secondary movements suck as cable flys, pec dec flys and db flys. stick with bb and db bench. hitting mainly incline and flat. decline only if you really feel its necessary.

i can see it now, you go in the gym spending about an hour or so pounding away at your chest doing anywhere from 15-20 sets consisting of about 8-12 reps, is that correct? if so, its way too much.

and i'm no mod, but you prolly should have put this in the training section ;)

JoshF56

Aug 6, 2005
i usually do 3-4 (mostly 4) different exercises 3 sets at 10 reps and then 1 set heavy as possible for 5-8 reps

Vizzy7

Dec 7, 2004
USA
josh i trained for about 4 years with no gear. My favorite body part was and still is chest. I would do about 4 sets of flat,incline,decline all on the bench followed by the same exercises with dumbells. I would always go as heave as possible with a rep range between 10-6 reps. Make sure you adding weight each set so you will get stronger and gain mass. Never slack on any exercise cuz your only hurting yourself. Now after my 3rd cycle my chest is my best muscle. As long as you change up your routine every so often and never quit the gains will come.

JoshF56

Aug 6, 2005
Vizzy7 said:
josh i trained for about 4 years with no gear. My favorite body part was and still is chest. I would do about 4 sets of flat,incline,decline all on the bench followed by the same exercises with dumbells. I would always go as heave as possible with a rep range between 10-6 reps. Make sure you adding weight each set so you will get stronger and gain mass. Never slack on any exercise cuz your only hurting yourself. Now after my 3rd cycle my chest is my best muscle. As long as you change up your routine every so often and never quit the gains will come.

on dumbell, i up 5-10lbs every set, regular ( i use smith machine, no spotter) i up anywhere from 10-35lbs.

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
You could try this, Get a spotter and use free weights. I don't want to start a smith machine argument, but free weights are better. Also, with a spotter you can try doing some negatives, put more weight on than you can normally lift(maybe 15-20% more) lower the weight really slow and have your spotter help you out just enough to get the weight back up, rinse and repeat. IMO one set per week of these is enough and more you will be overtraining and only do this for a few weeks at a time. but, everything everyone else has said can work too, just adding another option.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
Ive got a friend who can make you a beatiful C cup in about 3 hours for $5000.00
There. Big beautiful perky pecs.happy? :)

seriously, a lot of what people encounter in particular to the chest with men is genetic/hereditary... :(
some got it,some don't

Last edited:

Cannons

Big Gunz
Sep 3, 2005
kell11 said:
Ive got a friend who can make you a beatiful C cup in about 3 hours for $5000.00

seriously, a lot of what people encounter in particular to the chest with men is genetic/hereditary... :(
some got it,some don't

Yeah my arms are huge, chest is small :confused:

Cannons

Big Gunz
Sep 3, 2005
kell11 said:
all you can do is keep working them and rotating your routine.spot injections are of little help to pecs,although if you know anything ,you know that already.

Yeah, been there done that, all I got from it was pain! LOL!! My chest is growing, but it doesn't have the freakiness that my arms do. I'll get there one day. I just lift to look good anyway, not trying to compete, but I'd like to get to the point where all of my muscles are full and mature, and somewhat proportionate to the rest of my body. I think I just hijacked this thread.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
kell11 said:

some got it,some don't

well then, i still have my friend.you could consider another option

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
My chest is my biggest asset. I built it up over a 3-4 year stretch with some gear and a relentless workout sched. I did chest 2x a week for prob 2 years. 1 day heavy with reverse pyramid (1RM, then take off 20lbs each set) and 1 day lighter with more reps (but not more than 12) and push ups and other non conventional lifts. Now I maintain with 1x a week and I almost always max out on 1 lift for strength training.

gpearl383

Jun 16, 2005
I like to switch up my chest workouts. I like to rotate dumbell and barbell exercises. Also like to incorporate hammer strength machines in my routine. I will never do the same chest workout, it is always changing. My workout will always consist of a flat, incline and decline press, and some sort of flys (dumbell, cable, or the pec machines).

When I am on I will do chest twice a week because I feel like I can recover quicker. I usally will do heavy chest monday, then hit some chest machines friday to get a quick pump in. Just some things that work for me. My chest is definatly my best body part.

JoshF56

Aug 6, 2005
steve0085 said:
You could try this, Get a spotter and use free weights. I don't want to start a smith machine argument, but free weights are better. Also, with a spotter you can try doing some negatives, put more weight on than you can normally lift(maybe 15-20% more) lower the weight really slow and have your spotter help you out just enough to get the weight back up, rinse and repeat. IMO one set per week of these is enough and more you will be overtraining and only do this for a few weeks at a time. but, everything everyone else has said can work too, just adding another option.

i know having a spotter is better. i had one but he moved, trust me, i wish i still had one. i use hammer strength also, more so than i do smith machine. i know it probably doesnt matter either way though b/c free weights are obviously the best