©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

bodybuilder and sleep

GBtom

May 9, 2011
I've always heard that sleep is a huge factor in growth
from what I hear a bodybuilder should get 8-10 hours. how much sleep does everyone here get and how much do you consider it a factor in your success?

track36

May 11, 2011
I get about 6 hours of quality sleep.. but in the weekends I get a lot more. I always feel great on the weekends and seem to be bigger than during the week when I'm working out and not getting as much sleep.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
from what I hear a bodybuilder should get 8-10 hours. how much sleep does everyone here get and how much do you consider it a factor in your success?

I think rest is VERY important. 8 hours would be great if you can get it. I know over the years I have short changed myself by not getting enough sleep. I get 5-7 hrs typically.

benny

May 6, 2011
It is always a factor in training. as long as I get a minimum of 6 hours I'm fine, but with the bodybuilding factor I on average get about 8 hours

doodoop

May 11, 2011

I find that the sleep is a huge factor. anything under 6 hours in my opinion you begin to exhibits signs of exhaustion , lack of concentration , no energy..and there are definitely not things that someone trying to build muscle wants..

Big Danny

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2006
Sleep is when you muscles grow the most and when the growth hormone gets released. For me 8 hours of sleep is a must.

Harbour

Jul 5, 2011
Hi GBtom,
One healthy person should sleep for 8 hours in a day as there are many benefits of sleep.
Sleep helps in learning and increase the memory,
Sleep increase our metabolic system,
Sleep improves your mood and loss of sleep might results irritability, impatience and moodiness,
Keeping up with sleep may also prevents from cancer.

Big Danny

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2006
Hi GBtom,
One healthy person should sleep for 8 hours in a day as there are many benefits of sleep.
Sleep helps in learning and increase the memory,
Sleep increase our metabolic system,
Sleep improves your mood and loss of sleep might results irritability, impatience and moodiness,
Keeping up with sleep may also prevents from cancer.

Totaly agree with you