©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Broken slin pin

Parker123

AnaSci's Hillbilly
Aug 6, 2004
Florida
Anyone know how to dig out an insulin pin from the belly? It just slipped out of the plastic syringe and when I moved my hand it went under the skin. sonofabitch :mad:

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
How far under the skin is it? Did it break off flush or is in further? Machinist's calipers are excellent tools for this type of thing - unless you have to cut flesh to get the thing out. Then you need a cutting tool. Just make sure you sterilize everything the best that you can.

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
This is why I always leave 1/16" or so sticking out - so I'll have something to grab on to if it breaks.

Parker123

AnaSci's Hillbilly
Aug 6, 2004
Florida
About 1/8 of an inch was exposed above the skin and then I moved my hand and that sucker popped under the skin. I know that if I start messing with it too much I will end up driving it in more. I have access to a scalpel if I need one but I don't wanna start cutting myself just yet. Next time Ill use BD syringe instead. Boiling water ok to sterilize calipers?

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
I wouldn't submerge them. I'd clean the jaws with hot, soapy water- then wipe them with alcohol wipes. Can you see the needle? How deep is it? It is important that you recognize what you can and can't do yourself. If I could see it - I'd pull or cut it out myself. Otherwise, it's too deep. Please don't drive it in deeper! If none is sticking out, then you have to cut around it! If you have any doubts - go ahead and go the hospital bro.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
Seriously bro, that sucks. hasnt happened to me yet, knock on wood. but im with imdaman, i always leave a little out so if it breaks you can still pull it out.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
I agree with TEE.....go see a doctor......that way you KNOW you are ok.....will keep thumbs..

Parker123

AnaSci's Hillbilly
Aug 6, 2004
Florida
The pin was about 1/8 of an inch under the skin so I called my ex and she brought over a disposable scalpel and these medical skinny tweezers. After she called me a puss a few times I made a small cut right on top of where I thought the top of the pin was. After a little bit of digging I found it and pulled it out. Blood all over the fucking place. She wanted to put a stitch in it but I opted for these butterfly bandaides. Thank God it was not a larger pin and in my ASS!

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Congrats.....but fuck.....wasn't it sore??..lol
PS:
couldn't help spotting the "puss" word...did she mean CAT??in South Africa we say "poes"....witch actually means "c_nt"....lol........although you pronounce it as P U S S

Last edited:

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
The insulin pin you guys are talking about...what's it generally used for. I've heard of injecting something in your stomach to help you eat more. What other uses are their?