©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Bulking Tip for Hardgainers

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I've always made my own weight gainers using a quality whey protein like SynthePURE. You can add things like milk, yogurt, ice cream, peanut butter etc.. for added calories.

ketsugo2

Apr 26, 2018
Hey just each person needs to seek one’s own accord ! Cuz what’s right for one is not for some .
You need to live it ! Nutrition regardless is the cornerstone to bodybuilding period ! Personally I use Whole Foods not cuz I think best cuz I just hate all shakes ever made ! With exception of this chocolate muscle egg comes in gallon bottles . It’s liquid taste like dessert if you got the dough go try ! This too consider I been using protein powders since 1978. Back then I recall joe Weider” Dynamic Muscle Builders “ label says “ delicious “ hey all you old timers share the powders from way back literally tasted like powdered mucus and loongies disgusting! The industry come a long long way ! Plus even better blenders lol

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
boy, i had to use a weightgainer shake with every meal because the amount of food i had to eat to get 4200 cals was daunting.
i put on 2 pounds a week and got hella strong on a gram of test; course, i got fat.
i couda cut it down 500 cals a day and made the same muscle gains w/o the belly.

A weightgain shake with every meal? How many meals did you have? 4200 cals isn't that high. Granted with clean food the meals can add up. Although for 4200 cals you could easily do 4 meals and 2 shakes and nothing would have to be over the top (700 cals 6 times daily). A bit of a belly is fine but sure if someone is just getting fatter it's definitely not working.

I used to do a version of McCallum's "Get Big" shake when I was a young hard-gainer. Really helped slow down my blazing metabolism in those days.

https://physicalculturestudy.com/2016/04/11/john-mccallum-get-big-drink/

Some of these weightgain shakes are not exactly good ingredients but damn his shake is awful :p I remember doing Arnold's shake with whole milk etc so we have all been there :D

I've always made my own weight gainers using a quality whey protein like SynthePURE. You can add things like milk, yogurt, ice cream, peanut butter etc.. for added calories.

Sounds good. This beings me back to the previous post. Guys can definitely make their own great weightgain shakes and with solid ingredients. I used to do them myself for years. Definitely better quality and you know everything that is going into your shake. Although some of these ready made powders are convenient. One of my fav high calorie self made shakes which had all macros was synthepure, oats, tonnes of pineapple, berries, coconut, yoghurt and water/milk.

Hey just each person needs to seek one’s own accord ! Cuz what’s right for one is not for some .
You need to live it ! Nutrition regardless is the cornerstone to bodybuilding period ! Personally I use Whole Foods not cuz I think best cuz I just hate all shakes ever made ! With exception of this chocolate muscle egg comes in gallon bottles . It’s liquid taste like dessert if you got the dough go try ! This too consider I been using protein powders since 1978. Back then I recall joe Weider” Dynamic Muscle Builders “ label says “ delicious “ hey all you old timers share the powders from way back literally tasted like powdered mucus and loongies disgusting! The industry come a long long way ! Plus even better blenders lol

Of course. Everyone is different. It's about finding what works best for you. Some may hate shakes and prefer eatng whole food only and that is great. Although shakes can be used to good effect by everyone it's just finding what ingredients work best for you.