©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Caloric intake vs quality of food

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Quality for sure. I know of a lot of competitors who when not in prep mode simply eat all day and don't count shit really but make sure it's all "clean foods" and they stay relatively lean and maintain a great physique. Honestly I feel that comes with time and practice.

But the Calories vs. Calories out ideology is an outdated one that for me only holds any truth in a highly depleted caloric dieting frame work. In other words- this only makes sense to me when you start getting into the realm of "I'm not going to work out much, but I'm only going to eat 900 calories"

Cornedbeefhash

Jul 1, 2013
Quality for sure. I know of a lot of competitors who when not in prep mode simply eat all day and don't count shit really but make sure it's all "clean foods" and they stay relatively lean and maintain a great physique. Honestly I feel that comes with time and practice.

But the Calories vs. Calories out ideology is an outdated one that for me only holds any truth in a highly depleted caloric dieting frame work. In other words- this only makes sense to me when you start getting into the realm of "I'm not going to work out much, but I'm only going to eat 900 calories"

Great answer!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
E, I love you...

As E said, to a degree, the amount if kcals you consume matters. Obviously if you are eating far under your nutritional requirements you will not grow.

But what the average person doesn't consider is the nutritional density of their foods and how well they are going to he used. For example, of you eat straight sugar for all of your carbs versus things like oats, sweet potatoes, rice, fruits, sported grain bread... Etc you are going first not receive any micro nutrients and ad idly you will be spiking insulin levels, which if done over a prolonged period of time can lead to insulin resistance.

Another considering is that if you do not buy organic and buy fatty cuts of meat, the chemicals and toxins are stores in the fatty tissue.

Also consider adding in probiotics to your diet since you are what eat, you are what you are able to absorb.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Cool anasci is definatly a great forum where i can get quick and thorough answers to all my questions. Thanks guys!

I think it's even better that guys are asking good questions and open to hear others' opinions.

So many people just believe what Mr. Gym rat says and never bother questioning, "why?" Knowledge is gained by both questioning that status quo and re-evaluation of one's self