©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Calories in one sitting

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
You see, that is the problem. These studies almost never involve people like us. Even when they do, they don't include you and I. This is why you find the most important tool we have is boards like this. Over the last few years, I have made a conscious effort to be extremely receptive to my body when adding and testing things. I have never been a kitchen sink kind of guy. As far as bcaas, personally I cannot tell the difference between 2:1:1 and 4:1:1. I go with the later solely on Alphas reccomendation. I respect him and thats enough for me. Having taken them for a little over two years, I can tell you the things I have personally noticed. About a reduction in recovery time in between sets by about 20%. Not so much of an increase in maximal weights, but lesser weights and drop sets have drasticly increased in repetitions. Like I have more gas in the tank, more muscle endurance. I hold about 2% less body fat in then off season. My waist almost never goes above 35" where as before it would get to around 37". DOMS is nearly nonexistant. Now this is where I think they shine and gets to your point. Muscle preservation. I take them on non training days as well. This has allowed me to maintain higher body weights during the summer months although I have a very physical and strenuous job. Whether in the gym, work, or other catabolic activities, bcaas seem to buffer and minimize musical catabolism.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I'm right on board with you! However, my recommendation come from Homonunculus, who I believe agrees with Alpha on many fronts (after all both are very well versed in the scientific minutiae and both are pretty beastly).

I always add things in gradually and what I did in working with Scott was go through several different iterations of recovery drinks over 2+ years adding different amino acid combinations, trying pepto-pro, isolates, egg protein, carb sources.....you name it. Right now I'm using a pepto-pro, isolate, BCAA mix and only adding in minimal carbs from karboload. However, I have heard good things about whey hydrolyslate so I when I run out of pepto-pro and isolate I going to use an EAA, BCAA and whey hydro mix.

I am always in tune with my body and one major change when going to pepto-pro was the reduced DOMS. Extra BCAAs assist even further in reducing DOMS.

When dieting, BCAAs are a godsend. Just keep some around and sip them during the day and it makes it much easier to get by on reduced kcals and you seem to be able to preserve muscle.

Denzel

Jul 27, 2013
Eating too much calories in one sitting is not good for health and causes weight gain and fat. We should reduce the amount of calories from each and every meal plan to maintain weight and fitness.