©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

cardio and lifting weights

alxf

Feb 9, 2012
when is the perfect time for cardio? after lifting weights or before?
or you should separate them,?

Edgen1100

Banned
Oct 12, 2012
Well!!!According to me that both of the work so good for keep the fitness and health.
Cardio exercises are the best for the weight loss and fitness.
These cardio exercises burn the fat more effectively and control the cholesterol level which
lead to healthy heart.The more effective cardio exercises are jogging, running, swimming,cycling.

-cotton-

Oct 12, 2012
If youre trying to cut, id suggest trying to add some cardio first thing in the morning when you wake up....before you eat anything.
when im on my cutting cycles, i do about 30 minutes of HIIT training in the mornings when i wake up 3 days a week,

and i do long distance jogging or cycling AFTER my lifts on the other two days.

alfred

Apr 30, 2011
A good 45 minute weight training routine will tap into your glycogen storage and you will be able to burn mostly fat with your cardio session following the weights.

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
I dont think there is a "perfect" time to get cardio done. Personally, I wouldnt want to do cardio immediately before training..Id rather use that energy toward lifting. In a perfect world, I would much rather do cardio opposite of my weight training (train in morning / cardio in the afternoon or evening), but the bottom line is if you need it, just get it done. Life gets in the way and you just have to do adjust. So, if I have a flight and want to get in the cardio...I will get to the gym a little earlier, lift, and then knock out some cardio...and head to the airport.

For me..on training days, cardio opposite of training (as stated above) is what I prefer and on non-training days, first thing on an empty stomach.

Good luck...

-s

Last edited: