©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

cclose grip bench press question pls

justadude

Dec 20, 2011
I need to know when doing close grip bench press, what is the correct positioning of your hands and do you lower down to the chest or abs. Cheers

drfpsycho

Jun 20, 2011
Personally,I only keep a couple inches between my two hands, basically grip it so your two hands are almost touching one another but not quite.

mr62

May 4, 2011
4 inches b/t thumbs on the bar. Lower to very bottom of chest. I use a spotter.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I need to know when doing close grip bench press, what is the correct positioning of your hands and do you lower down to the chest or abs. Cheers

I like these for triceps mass. I keep my elbows nice and tight to my sides and focus on putting all the stress on the tri's. I lower mine down to about my lower pec area.

deniss77

May 9, 2011
Another key to getting the most out of this exercise is to squeeze your triceps out at the top of the movement.

john696

Apr 28, 2011
your arms should be parallel with the side of your body, keep the elbows in and bring it down to the chest, push with your arms

electrickettle6

Dec 6, 2012
When i do my close grip i like to keep my grip exactly shoulder width and i come down to the top of my chest above my nipple.

Next time you go put on a light to medium weight and bust out 15 reps with each different hand position and see which one suits your body. make sure u use strict form and mentally engage the muscles and feel the squeeze. You will see which one feels most comfortable to you.