©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

cigarettes and workout??

build420

Jul 26, 2017
Just wondering how much cigarettes effect you (if they do at all) while bulking. I have been smoking for a couple of years and its tough to quit. Will this effect me while im trying to put on some mass? Obviously I might get out of breath quicker, but other than that? just curious. time to goto work...

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Ive been trying to quit for a lot of years now...going through a pack a day!
They definitely effect your breathing and stamina.

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
Ive been trying to quit for a lot of years now...going through a pack a day!
They definitely effect your breathing and stamina.

only a pack a day , rookies :eek:
when I finally quit about 5 years ago I was up to 2-3 packs a day ,
vaping got me through it and I finally quit that also a few years ago
yes it will effect your gains, it effects everything
and you never realize how much you fucking stink until you quit and then a few months later your sense of smell comes back and when someone walks in the door that smokes it makes you gag

mytreefiddy

IFBB Pro / Donating Member
Jan 1, 2013
I smoked for 18 years..... and 10 of those years was 2+ pks a day of Reds.... in 2005 I tried this.... I swear to you as God as my witness...I NEVER touched a cigarette again..... BEST thing i've EVER done for myself...

Stop Smoking with Laser Concept Treatment Centers

Works on the same principle as acupuncture. Just with a laser... took about 10 minutes...... does it really work?? does it actually do something?? I dunno.... all I know is I never even had a craving or urge....

Do yourselves a favor..... try it....

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
only a pack a day , rookies :eek:
when I finally quit about 5 years ago I was up to 2-3 packs a day ,
vaping got me through it and I finally quit that also a few years ago
yes it will effect your gains, it effects everything
and you never realize how much you fucking stink until you quit and then a few months later your sense of smell comes back and when someone walks in the door that smokes it makes you gag

I know a lot of people over the last couple of years who have been able to stop smoking with vaping.

Robertftw

Aug 10, 2015
I smoked for 18 years..... and 10 of those years was 2+ pks a day of Reds.... in 2005 I tried this.... I swear to you as God as my witness...I NEVER touched a cigarette again..... BEST thing i've EVER done for myself...

Works on the same principle as acupuncture. Just with a laser... took about 10 minutes...... does it really work?? does it actually do something?? I dunno.... all I know is I never even had a craving or urge....

I did the same thing and I never touch a cigarette again, been over 10 years for me. I smoked a pack/ pack and a half a day. And as someone already said you don't realize how bad you really smell.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in

Excellent advice and tip. The laser treatment sounds very interesting.

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
Just wondering how much cigarettes effect you (if they do at all) while bulking. I have been smoking for a couple of years and its tough to quit. Will this effect me while im trying to put on some mass? Obviously I might get out of breath quicker, but other than that? just curious. time to goto work...

If you genuinely want to make progress bodybuilding is about how you treat and eat outside from gym so you can perform in gym . Drinking cigarettes even certain foods are poison . Bodybuilding isn’t just physical performance it’s hormonal stimulation. Alchohol blunts testosterone production, cigarettes inhibit oxygen synthesis that’s huge and far bigger then just catching a breathe.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
If you genuinely want to make progress bodybuilding is about how you treat and eat outside from gym so you can perform in gym . Drinking cigarettes even certain foods are poison . Bodybuilding isn’t just physical performance it’s hormonal stimulation. Alchohol blunts testosterone production, cigarettes inhibit oxygen synthesis that’s huge and far bigger then just catching a breathe.

All true but tell that to Marcus Ruhl. When I smoked my cardio was terrible.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
Terrible habit that will only go against results especially cardiovascular.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
All true but tell that to Marcus Ruhl. When I smoked my cardio was terrible.

RUHL used to smoke like a freight train, not sure if he still does.
IAN HARRISON was another guy I remember being a chain smoker, one after another.

Durro

Jan 24, 2018
I’m going on 11 years smoke free! I smoked for around 25yrs . And I smoked a pack a day and towards the end 10 cigs a day. Any one can quit it’s mostly a mind thing. Craving it is second but I’m telling you guys you to can quit.

lntense

Donating Member
Jul 25, 2012
Nicotine is also known as an appetite suppressant, which could effect putting on mass obviously. But doubt it has that effect in people with daily use.

Durro

Jan 24, 2018
Nicotine is also known as an appetite suppressant, which could effect putting on mass obviously. But doubt it has that effect in people with daily use.

I think I put on a couple pounds after I stopped not much. But you are way healthy with out it.

goalieguru

Donating Member
Sep 28, 2017
I know a lot of people over the last couple of years who have been able to stop smoking with vaping.

Teens and people thinking this is safe alternative, just read study on it causing 'popcorn lung' just something to keep in mind...

MIA10

May 15, 2012
Teens and people thinking this is safe alternative, just read study on it causing 'popcorn lung' just something to keep in mind...

Big difference in saying it is a (totally) safe alternative versus a safer (relative) alternative. I think the latter was clearly intended.

MIA10

May 15, 2012

I'll use nicotine gum sometimes in dieting phases. It most definitely has an effect on reducing hunger.

The main issue with nicotine is that it will transiently decrease insulin sensitivity. So you have to use it - or your carb intake - pretty strategically.