©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

CNS energy vs gear

faight

Feb 17, 2017
If you are running gear, protein synthesis is higher, thus recovery is faster. Should you lift more often then when not on gear? Example, you know you've had ample recovery time, your energy is good, etc. Or is the feeling of CNS wear kind of undetectable?
I'm thinking, on a bulk, there is no such thing as over training as long as enough food is consumed? Thanks

faight

Feb 17, 2017
Training is obviously important, but the biggest mistake that people make while on cycle is you can train a lot more and get better gains. True that your body recovery’s faster while on cycle, but If you’re lifting 2 hours a day 6-7 days a week then your body is not getting a lot of time to recover. I train the same when I’m on as I do when I’m off. Recovery goes hand in hand with over training. Just make sure your getting enough sleep every night and taking your rest days when you need them. Listen to your body!"
Found this

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
If you are running gear, protein synthesis is higher, thus recovery is faster. Should you lift more often then when not on gear? Example, you know you've had ample recovery time, your energy is good, etc. Or is the feeling of CNS wear kind of undetectable?
I'm thinking, on a bulk, there is no such thing as over training as long as enough food is consumed? Thanks

The whole concept of overstimulating the CNS is mostly broscience bullshit.

Over training is a real thing; but almost no one in the bodybuilding community is in any danger of ever actually over training. Typically, college athletes are the most at-risk for over training. There's much more to it than just eating more food, or getting more sleep. Over training is actually a very rare, complex phenomenon that is a multifaceted issue.

To make it simple, don't worry about over training or CNS burnout unless you train for a living and run 3 businesses on the side. And even then, it's doubtful. Get as much sleep as you can, eat appropriately for your training, and kill it in the gym as much as you can and you'll be fine.

As far as training differently on cycle vs off cycle, I don't believe that most people train as often or as intensely as they should whether they're on cycle or not. So for most people, yes I would recommend training differently on cycle. And then once their cycle ends, continue with the more frequent and intense workouts, just lower the weight accordingly.