©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Crashing Into a Gel

meterman5

Feb 5, 2013
Made 200ml cyp@ 250mg/ml. Used the same recipe and supplier I have been for a while 2% BA and 18%BB. Put 30ml into a seperat vial for personnel use and its holding just fine. The bigger vial is starting have a sludge type gel at the bottom. Wondering if I need to heat the oil and add another 4ml or so of BB ? Took about two weeks to crash. Weather has been colder but I can't imagine the house has been such a dramatic temp change that it would cause that. Plus the fact that my smaller vial is holding just fine and I have done multiple injections from it no problem.

Wondering if I got something else by mistake ? Powder still had same test smell to it. Hope it wasn't prop by mistake and trying to make it to high. Have never seen a gel though.

meterman5

Feb 5, 2013
I have pinned 4 ml already. I used grapeseed oil. As luck would have it I didn't notice the crash until last night as I do once a week pinning from my personnel bottle. So I know it's been at least a week. I looked again today and I can see the "ice crystals" starting to form. It's just all at the bottom of the bottle. Maybe it just started crashing in the last few days ?

I have never had anything crash other than some masteron I did a while back. So can I use the boiling water on the stove to put it back in with just a minimal amount of BB added or do I need to refilter again ? I posted a question about oil temperature and after reading I wonder if I cooked off some of the BB ? The oil was hot to the touch of a finger before filtering but not scalding.

meterman5

Feb 5, 2013
see the attached pics

Here are a couple pics I just took. The crystals were not there yesterday. Why would cyp crash at 250mg/ml ?

Attachments

• cyp1.jpg
    cyp1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • cyp2.jpg
    cyp2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 127

joshck

Banned
Aug 5, 2013
I had 200mg/ml cyp crash before and this was from the pharmacy.....just heat it up and ull be fine

joshck

Banned
Aug 5, 2013
Do u think ur powder had any moisture in it.....just put it in the oven at 250 for 10-15 min and put a needle in it to vent and make sure its not touching the oil...if u hear popping and cracking thats moisture. ...should fix it tho....let us know how it goes

basskiller

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 29, 2004
I knew as soon as I seen the title it would be cyp.. It's just straight up pain in the ass.. many factors can come into play as to why it gelled on you.. from the powder itself.. to humidity.. to the process itself..

I will never use cyp in home brewing and I've made just about everything you can think of .. and some you can't

Stupes

Sep 17, 2006
I knew as soon as I seen the title it would be cyp.. It's just straight up pain in the ass.. many factors can come into play as to why it gelled on you.. from the powder itself.. to humidity.. to the process itself..

I will never use cyp in home brewing and I've made just about everything you can think of .. and some you can't

I have not yet brewed but I plan to fairly soon. Seeing a true vet like BK say he avoids cyp is huge - I was planning on using multiple cyp compounds (test, bold, 1-test). I am going to rethink my plans now.....

Thanks for sharing, Basskiller.
Stupes

basskiller

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 29, 2004
I have never seen any benefits from cyp over Enanthate .. Enanthate is like night and day over Cypionate when it comes to converting.. Very easy and very forgiving

meterman5

Feb 5, 2013
Just finished baking 15 minutes @250 degrees. Looks nice. I am curious if it will crash again since I added no solvent.

I am actually shocked that cyp is hard to hold. Is it just the long esters ? This is probably the 5th batch of cyp that I have done although the first using a bottle top and doing 200ml. The past few batches have been syringe filters and about 50ml-60ml.

I have done batches of deca as well with no problem. The difference in injection frequency between enanthate and cyp is pretty small considering my goals so next order will probably be enanthate.

Attachments

• cyp.jpg
    cyp.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 119

meterman5

Feb 5, 2013
So should I add more BB ? I used 2%BA and 18%BB. I can add 3ml BB and that would make it 20% BB which wouldn't effect injection pain much.

I am still curious why my small bottle out of the same batch did not crash and why it took so long.

sodzl

May 10, 2013
I would add the extra BB and reheat. On a side note, i once made 40ml of tren e, in 4 10ml vials. Two vials were perfect. One started crashing a month later the other started crashing 6 months later.
Sent from my LG-MS695 using Tapatalk 2

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
What did u do meterman? 3/ 30%?

Do u mean small amount didnt crash as the 50ml with syringe filter? Did u tell how u filtered 150ml batch?

Last edited:

meterman5

Feb 5, 2013
What did u do meterman? 3/ 30%?

Do u mean small amount didnt crash as the 50ml with syringe filter? Did u tell how u filtered 150ml batch?

The whole batch was 200ml total. I ran the entire batch through a bottle top filter. I took 30ml of it out of the big bottle and put it in another smaller sealed sterile vial for my personnel use. The amount in that I set aside never crashed while the "mother bottle" with the rest did. The original recipe I used was 2%BA/18%BB I used from Basskillers webpage.

I added 3ml of BB to the mother bottle so now accounting for the new volume of 150ml (the missing 20ml was given to a friend) it should now have 20%BB. It has not crashed since. However the the original crash didn't happen until about 2 weeks after it was made.

The syringe filter batches were reference to some prior cyp batches made with a 2%BA and 18%BB recipe. They were run through a syringe filter and never crashed so I figured why mess with something that works. Hope this makes sense.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Gotcha. Think it's going to be fine possibly being in sealed vials will not let the Ba or bb vapors to evaporate causing the crash even in screw top lid.. I may be way off on that statement but Ba evaporates quick. Thanks M