©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Cutting weight before a cycle?

pitshack

Dec 10, 2014
Ok guys, I'm new at this and need some advice. I was planning on running my first cycle in May when school ends. Nothing fancy, just 250 mg. of sustanon twicw a week. I was also planning on taking 10 mg. of nolvadex daily and raising it to 20 mg. if need be.

Now on to the question. I have been bulking for 3 months and was hoping to continue until June when I will be entering my first powrlifting meet; so I've put on a bit of jiggle. I've gotten conflicting advice as to whether I should cut weight before the cycle. Some say i will get fatter from the extra calories needed, some say I will be fine because of the excess test in my system. What do you guys think.

I'm kind of in a time crunch. I was hoping to run this cycle between school semesters. I start nursing school in the fall and it is supposed to be stressful as hell. I've heard that test can mess with your anxiety levels. The last thing I need is stressful ass school coupled with jacked up anxiety from running a cycle.

Thanks guys, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I'm 40 years old, 5' 10" and 205 pounds.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Your dose is fine. I wouldn't cut, you'll burn more fat on cycle, plus you'll be at your strongest. Recomp or even cut while on if need be. It's entirely dictated by your diet. If your an already anxious person, chances are it will exaggerate it. Learn to manage it before you start. Lastly, I wouldn't run an anti e like Nolvadex. Run an ai and save it for pct

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
If your nipples get antsy, use the nolva, otherwise like Magnus said, use an AI like Aromasin to deal with estrogenic sides. Sust tends to spike after administration for some, so having an AI going will help with that. Just keep working hard with the iron, you'll burn fat just using test.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I don't normally disagree with Magnus, but I will just for the sake of presenting a different point of view. Does test lean you out, well if it was low and now you raise it and follow a clean diet yes. But, if you eat dirty you will get fat. Secondly, if you have been bulking for a while then cutting even for 2 to 3 weeks will re-set Leptin and insulin levels, making you more effecient when you start bulking again.

Regarding anxiety, you will have less and feel better if this is your first cycle or you have been clean for a while. The extra T will be just what the doctor ordered to get you through those long lectures, training and turning 40+.

Btw...I agree with Manus on the AI. Personally, I think exemestane is the only one you ever need.

Good luck,
Hawk

Slaytonslayer

Dec 26, 2013
Steroids are more effective when You are lean. When fatter, more androgen receptors are stored in adipose tissue instead of muscle tissue, and when the test binds to those ar in the adipose tissue, it does nothing for muscle growth

nothuman

Donating Member
Jan 3, 2013
YES! Always cut before cycles/blasts. It's amazing to me how little "primes" are discussed on AAS forums. Priming your body before a cycle literally transforms the effects of the cycle.

pitshack

Dec 10, 2014
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the replies. I'm starying to think that I might cut for 2 weeks prior to running the cycle. It's only two weeks, but it sounds like it would make a big difference. Also, thanks for the heads up about the AI. I have some aromasin on the way.

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
I don't normally disagree with Magnus, but I will just for the sake of presenting a different point of view. Does test lean you out, well if it was low and now you raise it and follow a clean diet yes. But, if you eat dirty you will get fat. Secondly, if you have been bulking for a while then cutting even for 2 to 3 weeks will re-set Leptin and insulin levels, making you more effecient when you start bulking again.

Regarding anxiety, you will have less and feel better if this is your first cycle or you have been clean for a while. The extra T will be just what the doctor ordered to get you through those long lectures, training and turning 40+.

Btw...I agree with Manus on the AI. Personally, I think exemestane is the only one you ever need.

Good luck,
Hawk
I agree with the fat part as I'm a fat powerlifter. Lol. Shit diet w test=very song fat guy (me) in terms of the anxiety I must agree w magnus , I have panic attacks and ptsd from my military days, the test does give me more attacks, or should I say the test makes me a little more hyper which exacerbates my anxiety a bit I cause myself more attacks