©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

depression?

2RIIPPED

Sep 29, 2005
I had to abruptly stop my cycle, and just a few days ago I was at 9 days off of my Test E cycle, and I got really depressed. The 10th day wasn't too much better, and all of a sudden on the 11th day I actually felt better than usual. I just don't understand how I can go from so bad to so much better in a few days?? Is this what you guys go through?

Also I understand depression, and where it comes from so have you any of you guys ever taken 5-htp to help alleviate depression? Supplementing this around 15 days or so prior to coming off cycle? I think it could help, even if your just depressed for a few days.

How long are you guys depressed/don't even get depressed after cycle?

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
bro I was depressed for a while. I had some good days, but most days I was just run down. Dont be surprised if you get even more depressed. 9 days off cycle is really too soon to see depression, but if you are like me, then the first day off cycle is depressing. One of my falls was my diet. I started eating like total shit and too much to make myself feel better. Just made it worse. Keep your diet right, and hang in there. There is always a crash. You cannot avoid it. Part of the routine. There are things that can help, but they cannot make it go away.

The depression is worth it just to have a 24 hour hard-on while on cycle and feel like the baddest motherfucker alive. :)

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
I have been prone to depression all my life. Working out is the ultimate antidote to depression for me. Strong body = strong mind. I also agree with Killa that eating right affects your mental state. I have not noticed any out of control depression post cycle but maybe thats because I have been battling depression for years off and on and so I have good habits for overcoming it. Basically when I feel depressed I have to turn it into anger and aggression. Working out is best but just some hard rock can do the trick too.

thunderterd

I love boobs
Mar 9, 2005
My first cycle was the worst. I started feeling down around week 8. I stopped at week 10 instead of the 12 i was going to do. but about a week after i stopped, i felt back to normal. I don't really get it too much anymore, i think maybe the first cycle was weird for me, but my body got used to the test and it doesn't happen too much anymore. But i will also say at that time, i was going through some shitty times, so who knows...If you are prone to depression, maybe the juice just brings it out more, you know?

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
2RIIPPED said:
I had to abruptly stop my cycle, and just a few days ago I was at 9 days off of my Test E cycle, and I got really depressed. The 10th day wasn't too much better, and all of a sudden on the 11th day I actually felt better than usual. I just don't understand how I can go from so bad to so much better in a few days?? Is this what you guys go through?

Also I understand depression, and where it comes from so have you any of you guys ever taken 5-htp to help alleviate depression? Supplementing this around 15 days or so prior to coming off cycle? I think it could help, even if your just depressed for a few days.

How long are you guys depressed/don't even get depressed after cycle?
Day 9-10 off test enth should still have a fair bit of test in the system. The drop in levels may still be enough to contribute to depression though. Re: serotonin or anti-depressant medications (serotonin selective re-uptake inhibitors - SSRI's) - these take a while to build up enough serotonin in your system and many people don't feel significant relief of symptoms for even a few weeks. Thus, you would have to be on them for a while before the end of your cycle and a while after. There are also significant "serotoninergic" excess side effects sometimes, and quick withdrawal can also cause problems with these medications.

I also agree with the above that good pct should help return your natural test levels and system to normal and would likely be much better than filling yourself with even more drugs, such as serotonin or SSRI's. Maintain your strength training, cardio, etc. to keep the natural endorphin buzz going and maintain your social life to ease your symptoms. Good diet and at least 8 hrs of sleep a day will also help a lot.

2RIIPPED

Sep 29, 2005
of course I'm doing pct, I'm taking 500 iu's of HCG every 4 days right now, and will be starting Nolva and Clomid very soon.

Andrew yeah I've delt with depression from other drugs before also, glad I don't do that sh*t anymore though, good short times that don't help with your overall well being.

thunderterd, thats good to hear it gets better after more cycles. I hope your right.

Stealthmeister, yes I know that serotonin supplements take a while to actually start working which is exactly why I said in my FIRST post to start taking 5-HTP 15 days prior to coming off cycle. I think this could help a lot of people since 5-htp is an over the counter drug that would help with depression because I've used this product and it works very well. I had a feeling it was the drop in levels too, like you said its crazy how that effects you so quick!

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
SRIs

Everybody is different on those SRIs. One form of Prosac (don't remember which) gave me a lift after 3 days. Of course it could have a placebo effect. But then other SRIs (I think maybe Wellbutrin and another) didn't alter my mood at all. I have sworn off SRIs due to the side effects (which for me meant taking too long to cum during sex) and I just try to overcome depression with exercise and aggresive behavior as needed.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Andrew said:
Everybody is different on those SRIs. One form of Prosac (don't remember which) gave me a lift after 3 days. Of course it could have a placebo effect.

Been there and done that myself, but prozac made me want to kill and eat people after being on it for about 5 days. Wellbutrin worked Ok, but like you said, the side effects weren't worth being on any of them.

Steve-O

Jun 30, 2004
I feel I a little depressed since I done my cycles. My friend that got me into Juice, went into deep depression. He had to go to rehab, because he got into drugs and pills and steroids. Not a good combination. The doctor said, "He became bipolar, and developed a chemical unbalance". I Know steroids react differently, on different people. That is why you have to do some research before you start juicing. I am glad that I started, but wish I would not get bad acne, right before I stop my cycle. It happens every time. I get lots of zits on my back and chest. And I do feel sometime depressed, but I think everyone suffers from depression, just some people deal with it differently than others. That is my two cents.

powermad

Dec 4, 2005
Yeah, I have to agree about AAS affecting mood differently in different people. I'm in the fourth week of my first cycle (Test cyp @750mg/week) and have started getting mood swings. I'm hoping it clears up once the test levels in my system plateau and even out.

2RIIPPED

Sep 29, 2005
DR, yeah I know I've been taking the hcg since week 5 and continued up to the 8th day of pct.

Andrew, yeah the working out and keeping fit is key for depression.

Steve-O, thats a wild story.

Gettinhuge_pump

These guys are exactly right. I know its hard to keep working out when you come off cycle, but stick with it...its worth it. Just think about it this way bro...you keep more of your gains that you busted your ass for if you keep working out and you dont have to deal with the depression and then start all over when you get back on. Good luck, happy lifting! :cool:

bph316

Nov 25, 2005
Washington state
I have dealt with depression all my life. Especially this time of year when all it does is rain. Most of the time Medicine effects me opposite of everyone else. The only stuff that ever helped was Celexa. The rest of the stuff made me very edgy. But I never had a problem with it when I was on a cycle. Usually thats when I felt the best.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
Mess with your hormones,you mess with mental balance...
This is something that needs more understanding and knowledge given to it.
Anabolics and androgenic substances wreak havoc on several levels...
Depression is something that was a real motherf**er my 1st time post cycle.
Not just depression but inability to focus,lethargy,headaches and general malaise UNTIL finally you deduce that you're DEPRESSED...The crash without PCT is very unpleasant.Women get menstrual,-we get manstrual.
Ive learned WITHOUT FAIL to stock my Clomid(Hcg if necessary)Nolva,proviron.
Whatever Helps bring about a state of natural hormonal balance.
My latest remedy ---Which is damn effective is 3 weeks after last test containing injection is to do the clomid as usual...But what has almost totally eliminated the crash experience has been ANDROGEL 5g/50mg ED + I have always utilized Deca Post cycle-Just a 2 or 300mg(a 1 Ml shot)every two weeks for the six to eight weeks following the beginning of PCT(usually 2 or 3 Deca inj. post cycle)1 shot Every 3 weeks might be even more effective.(afterall it too will suppress endogenous Test levels...not the goal in PCT.
It has a positive effect on keeping your gains as well--- its the only use Ive ever had for Deca-Durabolin...PCT relief.
Im not a Deca fan.I can spot a Deca or Dbol user in the gyms easily-they're the bloated guys with no lean definition anywhere..
...The SRI's? forget it.After a few days you feel like your on bad acid or something......NO!thank you,Dr.

Last edited:

MR .T

Jul 26, 2005
Ontario
I always get depressed this time of year I'm pretty sure in my case its S.A.D. Seasonal Affective Disorder from the winter. Its a bitch but going to the gym helps alot .