©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Desiderta...

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
Desiderata...

This is This..

Go quietly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible,without surrender,be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;and
listen to others,even to the dull and ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.If you compare yourself with others,you may
become bitter or vain,for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career,however humble;it is a real posession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your buisness affairs,for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;many persons strive for high ideals and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.Especially do not fiegn affection.
Niether be cynical about love;for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of your years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.But,do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,be gentle
with yourself. You are a child of the universe,no less than the trees and the stars;you have a right to be here...
..And whether or not is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,whatever you concieve Him to be.And whatever labors and aspirations,in the noisy confusion of life,keep peace with your soul.

With all it's sham,drudgery and broken dreams,it is still a beautiful world.
Be careful.Strive to be happy.

Last edited:

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
What is this Kell? I can't believe its your philosophy. You are far less reserved and balanced than this. This struck me as kinda Buddhist.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
it's not philosophy...

Yeah,It reeks of zen with "the child of the universe" line.
Other than that no doctrine or religion is defined.
Its more of a perspective on a state of mind?
A perspective for peace of mind.
Me.Im A Bible man.
Myself,God,the Son and the Holy Ghost?-We're buds.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
Desiderata

kell11 said:
This is This..

Go quietly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible,without surrender,be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;and
listen to others,even to the dull and ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.If you compare yourself with others,you may
become bitter or vain,for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career,however humble;it is a real posession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your buisness affairs,for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;many persons strive for high ideals and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.Especially do not fiegn affection.
Niether be cynical about love;for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of your years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.But,do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,be gentle
with yourself. You are a child of the universe,no less than the trees and the stars;you have a right to be here...
..And whether or not is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,whatever you concieve Him to be.And whatever labors and aspirations,in the noisy confusion of life,keep peace with your soul.

With all it's sham,drudgery and broken dreams,it is still a beautiful world.
Be careful.Strive to be happy.

bumped for a friend

Last edited:

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
That is definately the "glass is half full" optomist outlook and it is a good way to be if you can. Either way you are going to "go through life", you might as well enjoy it while you do!

bph316

Nov 25, 2005
Washington state
I was always a half empty person. My wife of 10 years is a completely full type. Luckily shes rubbed off on me and now I look at things a in a little better light.

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
All philosophical teachings usually come back to the idea of balance and harmony, the Ying and Yen idea. It is a rational idea though, as the old addage goes "everything in moderation". There are many universal truths that when thought about are necessary to life.

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
Kell is our new guru. This hippie shit is way old. I used to have a poster with the "You are a child of the universive" line on it, in my dorm.

When the moon is in the 7th house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets

Kell you kill me; I'll go make us some koolaide ;)

Nitrateman