©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

DHT question

Jackass

Jun 18, 2007
Just have a question about dbol/test and well i guess any other drug that converts to DHT. I understand that nolva/clomid block the effects of estrogen, and arimidex etc stop the conversion of test to estrogen. However do these anti estrogen drugs stop conversiont to DHT? or the effects of this conversion?

AlphaMale

Jun 1, 2006
They do not block the conversion to DHT. Finasteride does work to stop the conversion, but at the expense of it being full body effectual; Spirolactone is something that one can use to displace the DHT topically at the location applied, thus allowing DHT to exert it's other effects, just not at the hairline or whereever applied.

sammarbella

Apr 15, 2007
For block convertion and stop INTERNAL SIDES like prostate enlargment (and external sides also): finasteride.

To stop ONLY EXTERNAL SIDES like acne and hair loss: NIZORAL shampoo over head,shoulders, chest and back...under shower and with water of course.

Last edited:

AlphaMale

Jun 1, 2006
Internal sides like Prostate enlargement are very debatable as far as what the direct cause is. So I think a little more understanding is needed for beginners and all thinking about undertaking AAS and especially 5-alpha reductase blockers like Finasteride. Most valid studies point to estrogen as being one of the biggest contributers. Certain steroids like Trenbolone are notorious for prostate enlargement and people think; wait it's not DHT, doesn't convert to DHT, so it must be that DHT is so androgenic and Trenbolone is 5x as androgenic as Test; so it's the androgenic effect that causes it. Well, just like blaming DHT, blaming androgeniccy is also a fallacy and not the complete story. Some steroids bind to the androgen receptors in the prostate more than others, not only that, but independant of it's ability to bind to the AR some are more "active" Take Deca for instance, it binds much stronger than Test or DHT to the prostate's androgen receptors but exerts very little effect and actually in theory blocks other more "active" steroids from binding. DHT does bind very well and does have activity at the prostate AR, but studies done with supplimenting DHT actually have shown prostate size reversal even with supraphysiological levels, showing that perhaps the actual conversion is what might be the cause or more than likely the reduced estrogen from the DHT displacing it causing reduction and in other cases hypertrophy. I'm rambling so I'm out for now.

Last edited: