©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Digestive Enzymes

butthole69

Feb 3, 2013
Does anyone here use digestive enzymes? For me the hardest part of turning into a freak is getting enough calories in. When I do manage to pack enough calories in I feel bloated and pregnant. Has anyone tried digestive enzymes to reduce bloating?

I read that certain medical disorders, like gallbladder removal are treated with prescription digestive enzymes. But, the prescription digestive enzymes are enteric coated so they can pass through the stomach without being digested. I read the non-coated enzymes are useless because stomach acid chews them up before they can do anything.

If anyone has any general advice for getting calories in I'd like to hear it. I already spend so much time making and eating food and I know I need to eat more if I want to get really big.

SoccerDad

Donating Member
Jan 21, 2013
Midwest
I do use them, but not for the exact reason you are asking about. I am 50, and things don't work like they use to. However, I also have switched to a 99% paleo/primal/whatever you want to call it type diet, and I rarely need the enzymes anymore. So... my amateur advice to you is try to eliminate grains and processed foods. If you stuff yourself, you will feel bloated, but this might alleviate some part of it.

butthole69

Feb 3, 2013
I can barely get enough calories in as it is. You're right that paleo is much easier on the GI tract. I think it's great for certain people. But, if I tried to eat strict paleo it would be impossible for me to pack in enough calories. The amount you have to eat to grow past a certain point is ridiculous. When I eat like a normal person I don't get GI issues.

Which brand of enzymes do you use? Do you feel like they help you digest and eliminate more easily? I think I will either go with the LEF brand or maybe try to get an Rx for the prescription enzymes.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I don't use enzymes either, but i may be able to help you with getting calories in. Blend them. They digest very quickly and are easy to take with you and eat in a hurry. Now some will argue real food is better, but if you cant do it, you just cant do it. Take 1 cup cartoned egg whites, cup whole milk, 1/2c baby rice cereal or a banana, oats if you like, andlittle flax seed. Need more calories, add peanut butter or olive oil. You can easily get to 1000 calories and without all the crap in those weight gainers. These work great pre and post workout as well as for breakfast. Put one in a Bubba Keg over ice for a mid day
snack. That's 3g in calories and over 250g of protein down in less than 3 min total.

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
I don't use enzymes either, but i may be able to help you with getting calories in. Blend them. They digest very quickly and are easy to take with you and eat in a hurry. Now some will argue real food is better, but if you cant do it, you just cant do it. Take 1 cup cartoned egg whites, cup whole milk, 1/2c baby rice cereal or a banana, oats if you like, andlittle flax seed. Need more calories, add peanut butter or olive oil. You can easily get to 1000 calories and without all the crap in those weight gainers. These work great pre and post workout as well as for breakfast. Put one in a Bubba Keg over ice for a mid day
snack. That's 3g in calories and over 250g of protein down in less than 3 min total.

i blend my meals everytime i`m not feeling hungry enough to have whole food. much faster, great taste and i think you can absorb more proteins. many people eat too fast and don`t really digest completely and absorb the proteins. Im with Mangus too and i think weight gainers are full of crap. great post Mangus

Last edited:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Now brand super enzymes ..one tablet a day and I'm a machine on and off the toilet

Who the hell tagged this britany spears.? U guys catch that or is that my keen sense of observation?.

butthole69

Feb 3, 2013
Im using the cheapest store brand enzymes and they seem like they work. I feel like I get hungry again faster with them but maybe it is just my imagination. I might add digestion enzymes to my list of supplements

aminos
fiber
vit c
vitamin b
lactated ringer's solution