©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Do you make your own pre workout?

ItsNOtatoomah

Jan 11, 2013
I use to drop 60 to 70 dollars on Gnc pre workout for the longest time and got fed up with spending so much money. Started researching what actually makes a pre workout and now I just make my own. I basically bought all the ingredients in a typical off the shelf preworkout or the main ones (beta alanine, l argenine, caffeine creatine) but each with around 100-150 servings for around 45 dollars compared to 30 servings for 65-70 dollars. 500mg of beta alanine because I usually do a 1:2 ratio of BA to argenine ( I like the tingly feeling). Usually it looks like 5g creatine, 4 g l argenine 2 g beta alanine, 400 mg of caffeine oh and some gatorade for flavor. I have never had a better pre workout. Extremely cost effective too.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Screw GNC.general notsocheap center
They gotta sell marky mark brotein and pay for his mug on an ad
Buy bulk ,flavor with any mios or off brand water flavor enhancer and use green tea instead a water..add bulk dmma for lift off.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I do a combo of my own plus a pre-made formula. I use ndure from true nutrition to get caffeine, beta alanine, creatine, green tea extract and citrulline malate and then I add an additional 10g of glutamine AKG, 5g creatine, 3g taurine, 10g leucine 4:1:1, 10g EAAs, take 7.5mg yohimbine hcl and chew a tums for calcium.

I used to do ephedrine as well but I decided to cut back on that for a little while.

JewJitsu012

Mar 5, 2013
B3fore I bought all my supps I was looking for raws but man I couldn't find anything that was that cheap so I just ended up going to gnc :(

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
I do a combo of my own plus a pre-made formula. I use ndure from true nutrition to get caffeine, beta alanine, creatine, green tea extract and citrulline malate and then I add an additional 10g of glutamine AKG, 5g creatine, 3g taurine, 10g leucine 4:1:1, 10g EAAs, take 7.5mg yohimbine hcl and chew a tums for calcium.

I used to do ephedrine as well but I decided to cut back on that for a little while.

Your kitchen counter probably looks like Tony Montana's desk after you're done mixing. haha

th

ItsNOtatoomah

Jan 11, 2013

I like the 10g of glutamine going to have to start using this :)

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I like the 10g of glutamine going to have to start using this :)

I originally started using a large dose of glutamine for instestinal health, but when I upped it, I noticed my recovery got better, so I stuck with it.

Here is why I buy the Glutamine AKG:

Liu, Y., R. Lange, et al. (2012). "Improved training tolerance by supplementation with alpha-Keto acids in untrained young adults: a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled trial." Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 9(1): 37.

BACKGROUND: Exercise causes a variety of physiological and metabolic changes that can in turn reduce exercise tolerance. One of the potential mechanisms responsible for fatigue is "exercise-induced hyperammonemia". Previous studies have shown that supplementation with amino acids can increase training tolerance. The alpha-keto acids are biochemical analogs of amino acids and can be converted to amino acids through transamination, thus reducing the cellular ammonia level. This double blind, placebo-controlled study was designed to investigate the effects of alpha-keto acid supplementation (KAS) on training tolerance, training effect, and stress-recovery state.

METHODS: Thirty-three untrained young male adults underwent four weeks of training (5 sessions/week; 30 minutes running at the individual anaerobic threshold followed by 3 x 3 minute sprints/each session). Throughout the 4 weeks of training and one week of recovery, subjects took ***alpha-ketoglutarate*** (AKG group, 0.2 g/kg/d, n = 9), branched-chain keto acids (BCKA group, 0.2 g/kg/d, n = 12) or isocaloric placebo (control group, n = 12) daily.

RESULTS: The 4th week training volume, maximum power output and muscle torque were higher in the AKG group (175 +/- 42 min, 412 +/- 49 Watts and 293 +/- 58 Newton meters, respectively, P<0.05) and the BCKA group (158 +/- 35, 390 +/- 29 and 273 +/- 47, P<0.05) than in the control group (92 +/- 70, 381 +/- 67 and 233 +/- 43). The general stress and emotional exhaustion as assessed by the rest-stress-questionnaire-sport after the 3rd week of training increased significantly in the control group (P<0.05), but not in the KAS groups.

CONCLUSIONS: Under KAS, subjects could bear a higher training volume and reach a higher power output and peak muscle torque, accompanied by a better stress-recovery-state. Thus, KAS improves exercise tolerance and training effects along with a better stress-recovery state. Whether the improved training tolerance by KAS is associated with effects on ammonia homeostasis requires further observation.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
I usually just use caffeine tabs with some ephedrine thrown in every now and then while "bulking." When cutting, I use caffeine/ephedrine and a topical Yohimbine solution called Yohimburn from AF.

Jim550

Oct 26, 2012
I make my own Pre/Intra/Post workout. Before I workout I take down some caffeine powder, green tea extract and sometimes some dmaa as far as stimulants go. My Pre/Intra/Post is awesome and this is what it consists of:
Karboload
Glycerine
Peptopro
EAA's
L-Leucine
Glutamine AKG
Beta Alanine