©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Dorian Yates - Blood & Guts

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
Dorian Yates - Blood & Guts - Chest & Biceps - YouTube

Dorian Yates - BACK AND REAR DELTS - Blood & Guts - YouTube

Dorian Yates - Blood & Guts - Shoulders and Triceps - YouTube

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
It's my favourite way of training as well. I love training like Dorian did.

Me too. I remember doing his routines back a few years ago with an old training partner. We had 275 on the floor and some young guys came over, started making small talk about deadlifts, etc. I excused myself and said I was up for my set and deadlifted the weight to my waist and began rowing it for reps. They were a bit surprised. LOL
People sometimes don't understand just how quickly you can get strong if you train this way. Repping 50 lb DBs on incline curls and 60lb flyes on the incline are pretty decent weights to use in most places.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
Me too. I remember doing his routines back a few years ago with an old training partner. We had 275 on the floor and some young guys came over, started making small talk about deadlifts, etc. I excused myself and said I was up for my set and deadlifted the weight to my waist and began rowing it for reps. They were a bit surprised. LOL
People sometimes don't understand just how quickly you can get strong if you train this way. Repping 50 lb DBs on incline curls and 60lb flyes on the incline are pretty decent weights to use in most places.

I love the fact you have to put everything in to that last set. I can mentally prepare myself and give everything. As you posted if you keep trying to beat the logbook the strength can come on fast.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
I love the fact you have to put everything in to that last set. I can mentally prepare myself and give everything. As you posted if you keep trying to beat the logbook the strength can come on fast.

Yep, and I was telling my training partner that when we're going for an all out set, to not sit there looking at the weight for two minutes. Walk away, think it through, see yourself killing it. Then walk back, grab the weight and just do it. Dorian would act like a powerlifter, walking around then marching up and just starting.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
This is one of the only Bodybuilding VHS tapes I bought. I watched it often. Miss those days.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
Dorian is probably my favourite bodybuilder of all time. Great videos. I haven't seen them in years. Going to watch the 2nd one now.