©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Dorian Yates Defends Modern Bodybuilding Against Arnold Schwarzeneg

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Old interview/video but caught it again today and thought I'd post it:

Dorian Yates certainly has a lot of opinions. He absolutely ripped on 21st century bodybuilders who in his words, don’t have respect for the gym, show up in sh*tty condition, aren’t hungry for success and most insulting, they’re boring and bland. Today, he’s back with more commentary, this time on Arnold Schwarzenegger…

Rivalries to a certain extent are good for business. They push athletes to be better and generate fan interest. Kai Greene and Phil Heath are a good example of this. Their rivalry has generated a lot of interest not only within the bodybuilding world, but from the general public as well. What will these guys say about each other in 10, 15 or 20 years? It might sound a little like what Yates has to say about Schwarzenegger.

Yates and Schwarzenegger have had opposing opinions for many years, but how exactly did they come to such disagreements? Take a look at Yates’ side of the argument. In a recent interview with The London Real, Yates said, “Arnold has done more than any individual to bring attention to bodybuilding, first through Pumping Iron then big mainstream movies, there’s no denying that. BUT…”

“Back then” Yates says “Schwarzenegger felt like he had to attack modern bodybuilding of the 90s which was an attack on me too. I replied to him by saying how can you criticize this sport when you don’t even attend competitions anymore and we’ve never spoken?”

“The truth is” he continues “Arnold does what’s good for Arnold. He’s achieved a lot probably because he has a huge ego”. Yates goes on to suggest that rules were bent for Arnold, when he’d miss enrollment deadlines. Yates also said Arnold had too many friends on the judging panel and contests were often fixed. Watch the entire interview next…

Dorian Yates on Arnold Schwarzenegger - YouTube

What do you think? Does Yates have a point? Do you think Arnold with all his accomplishments still cares about Mr. Olympia? Do you think he received preferential treatment?

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 40

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
There are so many Olympia that Arnold should have never won
I still love Franko and Zane