©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Dry mouth while working out??

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
Sometimes when I'm lifting heavy and intense I get a dry mouth and a feeling of anxiety, you think that has to do with my heart rate going through the roof??

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Stop taking bong hits in between sets, jk. You taking any stims or preworkout, they could definitely have an effect. Also, if you don't get a bit anxious and your heart rate elevates, your not lifting hard enough. With what we do, our bodys don't see this as fun and goes into fight or flight mode. Not an uncommon thing. Now if it bothers you on light sets, day to day activities, tightness in chest or trouble breathing...... go see a Dr. If it's only when you hitting it hard, pat yourself on the back cause your doing it right.

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
Stop taking bong hits in between sets, jk. You taking any stims or preworkout, they could definitely have an effect. Also, if you don't get a bit anxious and your heart rate elevates, your not lifting hard enough. With what we do, our bodys don't see this as fun and goes into fight or flight mode. Not an uncommon thing. Now if it bothers you on light sets, day to day activities, tightness in chest or trouble breathing...... go see a Dr. If it's only when you hitting it hard, pat yourself on the back cause your doing it right.
Thank you for the advice as always gentleman, I am definitely doing it right now and the more water and fight or flight makes perfect sense.
More fucking water

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
453fdac86222cf64e001c89e71dd75d9.jpg

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
First thing that crossed my mind was pre workout stims. More water is never a bad thing.

dozisthebeast

Dec 13, 2014
south west
Sounds like being dehydrated, but if you are getting adequate fluids, and the dry mouth is bothersome just chew some gum, it will force your mouth to make more saliva and whala problem fixed. Also I really love what was said about anxiety and it's so true, for me it's the worst on leg day, cause you know what did last time, and how it left you in a heap on the floor, sucking wind, and or puking your guts out! AND you have to go in and do it all over again!!! I swear I have full on panic attacks all the way up to like my third set of squats lol, and it so true, it's such and unatural thing to do, and put yourself through, anxiety is a result, but hey, so worth it :)

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Sounds like being dehydrated, but if you are getting adequate fluids, and the dry mouth is bothersome just chew some gum, it will force your mouth to make more saliva and whala problem fixed. Also I really love what was said about anxiety and it's so true, for me it's the worst on leg day, cause you know what did last time, and how it left you in a heap on the floor, sucking wind, and or puking your guts out! AND you have to go in and do it all over again!!! I swear I have full on panic attacks all the way up to like my third set of squats lol, and it so true, it's such and unatural thing to do, and put yourself through, anxiety is a result, but hey, so worth it :)

Sounds like dehydration to me as well. One big sign is dry mouth.

Rachel

Jun 3, 2016
For larger intensity exercise, a glass of water should before training, exercise for 20 to 30 minutes to drink a glass of water,
300 to 400 ml , the water should be added a pinch of salt to taste a hint of salty appropriate.