©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

dvd recorder

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
I have a buddy who has a dvd recorder and he rents dvds and records them on blank ones. So i was thinking about doing this as well, but cant get a hold of him. Which one or what type of dvd recorder do i need, and what type of blank dvd's? Also, why the hell is this not stopped? not that i care just wondering. and is there anything i need to know so it works and not by a dvd recorder that doesnt record movies.

tampajay70

Jul 22, 2005
Canada, EH
RE: DVD recorder

First off there are a few formats of DVD recordable media. The most popular right now is DVD +/- RW, +/-R, which means it is compatable with any DVD
recordable media disks. Most of the new recorders are this format. Just go to your local electronics shop (Best Buy, Future Shop, London Drugs,etc...) and let the sales person know what you are looking for. You will also need burning software for DVD's. DVD XCopy Platinum is good from 321 Studios, but I think that there are some copyrighting issues right now with them. You just want to make sure that the software you choose will be able to recreate an exact copy, including all copyright blocks. I hope that this helps..

TexasCreed said:
I have a buddy who has a dvd recorder and he rents dvds and records them on blank ones. So i was thinking about doing this as well, but cant get a hold of him. Which one or what type of dvd recorder do i need, and what type of blank dvd's? Also, why the hell is this not stopped? not that i care just wondering. and is there anything i need to know so it works and not by a dvd recorder that doesnt record movies.

jabo1jabo1

Mar 3, 2005
Deep South
TexasCreed said:
what's up creed - i have been studying these things for about 6 months. circuit city has a panasonic w/ 110 gb hard drive and multi format playback, model number DMREH50S that i have finally decided to buy. a little more expensive than some, but you do get what ya pay for in electronics. hope this helps!

Last edited:

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
i believe im going to ask my cousin on this as well. I understand not all dvds are copyrighted, and at least i still can record t.v. Damn jabo that avatar is the shit.

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
Wait until the after Christmas sale at your local electronics shop. Their prices typically fall 10-25% after the Christmas rush is over.

Nitrateman