©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

early morning pre workout food

Rpr4

Jul 16, 2014
south carolina
I work 12hr swingshift. When I work days, I get up at 330am and at the gym by 415. Work from 630-630. My question is what is something I can eat in that short time frame of waking up and gym time or do I HAVE to have anything? Ive tried shakes and oatmeal but it seems to heavy on my stomach like it dont digest

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I work 12hr swingshift. When I work days, I get up at 330am and at the gym by 415. Work from 630-630. My question is what is something I can eat in that short time frame of waking up and gym time or do I HAVE to have anything? Ive tried shakes and oatmeal but it seems to heavy on my stomach like it dont digest
First off buy yourself a nutra bullet
Fill up with about half egg whites
Maybe a banana and or blackberries (currently using raspberries)
Throw atleast 1 packet of natural oatmeal possibly 2
Fill the rest up with unsweetened French vanilla almond milk and walla. I sometimes will throw some pb2(which is powdered pb during the summer months) during winter I'll just throw some almond butter or peanut butter I got mixed from the store in one of those pb makers some big chain stores have.

Believe it or not its freakin delicious and the egg whites taste is completely masked.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Good advise phoe. Above all hydrate. I do love the shakes with egg whites, but if it's still to heavy, use juice or water. Blend fruits as your carbs rather than Oats, faster acting. You could even add a half scoop of a hydrolyzed whey isolate. Avoid fats at this time as they will only delay digestion. Also consider bcaas in gatorade for your intra.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Get used to working out with food in your stomach- seriously

When I first started to teach MMA after training for years, I would have my own training and then be busy teaching for hours and I didn't not have time to let food sit.. I got used to grueling workouts while having food in my stomach.
It took a while but it's something that you'll learn to adapt to.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Breakfast sandwiches! Zap in the microwave and high calorie drink with cold milk.

Rpr4

Jul 16, 2014
south carolina
All good info and I appreciate it. sucks Being at the gym within 45 mins to an hr after waking up. But thats realy my only option. I'm assuming its pointless to take a pre workout such as c4 since I'll be eating something now. I know if I come to gym with food in my stomach, i dont feel the preworkout working. But its more important as far as gains are concerned that I have food instead of preworkout supplement

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I won't mention what I do cause I get up 1:45 before I train so that gives me more time to digest.

I'd suggest Hydolyzed protein and HBCD for carbs. (Gaspari's Glycofuse for ex.)
Both digest extremely quick.

And I'd use the same thing intra. Well I do actually.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
So no preworkout supplement since im eating food so close to workout time?
I love pre-workout and truthfully idk how I'd workout without some sorta stimulant before working out. Even if it's just a super jacked up coffee with extra shots of expresso in it. Especially that early in the morning

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
I do a lot of quick wake ups with minimal time to eat,,, what I do is a fast acting whey protein (1 scoop) and half a large banana or small apple even better? 50 mg d-bol (lol) with a large "yesterdays" microwaved coffee for the road. Post meal has to be substantial. me.....1 scoop of powdered Gatorade and 2 1/2 scoops of isolate. boo ya!

Rpr4

Jul 16, 2014
south carolina
Immediately after workout I take protein shake while on the way to work. I eat chicken breast, which my wife weighs out, 60gram protein and 2 whole wheat egg mcmuffins made with egg whites. Then eat about 300grams protein throughout the day

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
How long have you been on c4. Prolonged use makes it less effective. If it's been some time, try something with a different profile like Mr. Hyde,TP's Buzzsaw, or Angel Dust or just try a clean out period. Also consider a cleanse, it will reset your metabolism and you will digest much faster and more efficient, allowing you stims to work better.

Rpr4

Jul 16, 2014
south carolina
Been on c4 for a little over a month. It just seems if food is on my stomach, I dont feel the effects of any stems. I'll try getting myself acclimated to eating though. Maybe I'll see more gains

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
How long have you been on c4. Prolonged use makes it less effective. If it's been some time, try something with a different profile like Mr. Hyde,TP's Buzzsaw, or Angel Dust or just try a clean out period. Also consider a cleanse, it will reset your metabolism and you will digest much faster and more efficient, allowing you stims to work better.

Please define cleanse