©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Easy glute injections

bigguns

Dec 7, 2005
Any of you find glute shots awkward and cumbersome? Well last night I decided to try the "underhand" approach as suggested by Pincrusher (thanks pin!) and let me tell you - easiest thing ever. No difficult twisting or fumbling around. This is probably very old ground for the vets here but may be useful to the newbies.

Underhand your glute shot into your right glute as follows:

1. Obviously follow all sanitary and preparation procedures as discussed in other threads. I won't cover them again here.

2. Hold the syringe between your thumb and index finger with the plunger resting along your remaining three fingers (imagine holding an upside-down dart). This puts the hand at a more natural angle to inject without having to twist around. Hold near the lugs of the syringe as you're going to use your free fingers to pull the plunger back when you aspirate as well as to depress the plunger.

3. Line up the needle with the desired injection spot and push it into the skin firmly. I prefer to ease the needle deeper into the muscle slowly once it's pierced the skin. As many of you already know, the injection doesn't hurt. For you newbies, I have a huge needle phobia so trust me when I say that this is a piece of cake.

4. Once you've got the needle in use your middle and ring finger to aspirate and then use them to slowly depress the plunger.

5. Remove the needle and you're done!

You only use the one hand for this and it's very easy to keep the needle steady. I did a few practise runs to figure out how to use my free fingers to work the plunger, but once you've worked it out it's smooth sailing. Watching what you're doing in a mirror makes it even easier.

I've attached a picture of this method that I found on the net. Give it a try guys.

Attachments

• glute7.jpg
    glute7.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 47

serius_06

Jul 25, 2006
Thanks,in the past i have gotten cramps when trying to twist around to shot the glute.

.:Prime:.

Jul 10, 2006
Ventro Gluteal injections are even easier, less painful, and you can hit each side with up to 5ccs in one injection several times a week. The muscle is also thicker and less fatty for better absorption. I forget where the threads are describing the injection site, but they are on this forum...

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
BIgA's other site. howtodoinjections.com

is another good tool to use for injects. check it out if you havent

provironteste

Aug 6, 2006
underhand

underhand is the way to go and u can lay down on ur side if ur not flexible like me. I have trouble whipin my ass lately so i lay down for the glutes.