©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

few creatine questions

philip

May 5, 2011
Which is the best way of taking creatine, dosage wise? What are u drinking it with? Could creatine be dangerous to our health?

vip0

Apr 26, 2011
I'm taking it with water as fast as possible. One of the worst supplements to take. Bellow under the quote is an article I found related to your questions:

" What's the Proper Dosage of Creatine?

Generally the dosage of creatine should be as high as necessary, but as low as possible to be effective. Many manufacturers use total body weight or lean muscle mass as a measure for supplementing creatine. However, many scientists consider transport capacity to be the primary factor in saturating muscle tissue. In this regard, creatine supplementation appears to be less ergogenic when supplementation regimens are less than 20 grams/day for 5 days.7 Furthermore, ingesting more than 20 grams of creatine per day appears to offer no additional performance benefits. Consequently, many researchers recommend ingesting 20 grams of creatine monohydrate for 5 to 7 days in four 5-gram doses each day, and to ingest each dose with a simple sugar carbohydrate solution (20 to 95 grams of glucose in 250 milliliters of water). Thereafter, elevated levels of muscle total creatine content and creatine phosphate content can be maintained by ingesting 2 to 5 grams/day with the same simple sugar carbohydrate solution.4

What are the Side Effects of Creatine Supplementation?

The only side effect reported from clinical studies investigating creatine dosages of 1.5 to 25 grams/day for 3 to 365 days in trained, and untrained subjects has been weight gain.8 There have been a number of anecdotal reports claiming that creatine supplementation may cause an upset stomach, diarrhea, promote muscle strains/pulls, or contribute to muscle cramps. However, no study has determined that creatine supplementation causes cramping, dehydration, changes in electrolyte concentrations, or increases susceptibility to muscle strains/pulls, even though some of these studies have evaluated highly trained athletes undergoing intense training in hot/humid environments.9,10 If you are using a creatine supplement it is suggested that you consume ample amounts of water (at least 3 liters of water/day) to avoid dehydration, and do not take more than 5 grams of creatine in a single dosage. "

harrison

Jan 27, 2011
I'm taking it with water as fast as possible. One of the worst supplements to take.

I had the same problem with creatine's taste. Try synthetek's powder(sponsors of our board), is not bad at all, if you patiently mix with a spoon for 2 or 3 minutesit's drinkble.

Big Danny

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2006
Huge fan of synthetek's creatine. It dissolves instantly in water. Purest pharmaceutical grade.